Backup/Transfer Outlook 2003 Settings

Kris

Gawd
I've been searching for an application that will backup all of my e-mail, my e-mail accounts, my folders (like folders other than Inbox, Outbox, etc...), and my rules and allow me to transfer them to another computer.

Everything I've seen so far costs money.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of software that can make a recommendations? Any free recommendations?

Btw, I'm using Outlook 2003 from MS Office 2003 Professional (if that makes any difference) on Windows XP Pro SP2

Thanks!

Doesnt the built in windows File and transfer settings wizard cover all of that?

Honestly, I have never used it. I was under the impression that it didn't do nearly all of that but I will check it out later today.

In the mean time, if anyone has any recommendations for software that can do this, It would be helpful.

I just checked this out and it doesn't work quite right. I have Microsoft Office 2003 Professional installed on my Desktop and Laptop. For some reason the File and Settings Transfer Wizard does NOT see Outlook on my desktop but does on my laptop. It only showsd outlook Express on my Desktop and only Outlook on my Laptop. Both Windows XP and Office are fully up to date on both systems.

Odd.

Even weirder, I tried transfering settings to a Folder from my laptop to see if it would work and it insists on transfering about 150 or so file types and I can't remove them without doing it one at a time! It also grays out the buttons for me to try anyway.

I think I need another way

I used a program I found online. It was a demo but worked well (still had to fix a lot of information).

Cheers

All you need to do is export the registry settings from your current Outlook profiles subkey in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

And copy the following folders from your current user profile directories. (this assumes your PST files are in the default Microsoft locations).

%userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

and

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

to the equivalent directories for your user on the new machine. Import the registry file on the new machine. Install (if necessary) and launch Outlook on the new machine and you are good to go.

I took what nessus [H]ard|Gawd had post about 6 months ago I backup office outlook 2003, now I want to import those file to my current office outlook 2003 without over writing the mail files I have now. How do I do that?

Back