Backup Solution

PolygonGTC

[H]ard|Gawd
I've got three hard drives to back up all my data. These are not in my system as I don't want them on when they're not in use backup up. So, I started looking for an external enclosure that could just sit on my desk and I came across this:

Lian Li EX-30.

Now, the one thing that throws me off is the RAID. I have no use for RAID and I'm worried that it won't work like I want it to. I want to be able to connect it to the computer and for Windows to see the three separate drives. It says it supports JBoD but looking at the specs I can't tell if that means I'm going to see all three or if it is going to give me one drive and then combine the other two. Plus, I've read that I might only be able to see the first drive using JBoD.

Does anybody have some straight answers if this will work for me or not? If not, any suggestions would be great.

Nope. I'm looking to keep this as simple as possible. And while the EX-30 isn't cheap, I don't want to spend a ton of money either. I just wont something to put my existing drives into that I can turn off when not in use. Then I can just backup my data manually at the end of the week. This is what I currently use:

82886.jpg

The process is fine, I just want something more permanent that I don't have to keep pulling drives in and out of.

Back