Backup software for multiple home computers?

Twinkie

Gawd
I am looking for suggestions at a backup/image software for multiple home PC's.

I have used Acronis at work and like it, however, they do not appear to offer any sort of bundle for users with multiple home computers. Based one what I have read, I would need to buy several copies for my 3 home machines, and $120 - $150 is a bit steep for home use, IMHO.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a home backup software that has a multiple user license?

I'd investigate BootIt (NG) (unless you want to set up a batch file with xxcopy, free in many cases)
because it can do other stuff (format to numerous fdisk types, backup partitions in batch,
restore to larger disks, dual boot...). Unix utilities on a (live-) CD (like freesbie, for example)
could probably do the same but the backup would take longer probably each time, unless you
scripted it incrementally, and more expertise would be needed. Here, I purchase BootIt for
each bootable HD I use it on (3 lic. so far I think)... and may eventually dual-boot with it
again. I use it principally for image backup, booting, and BSD/fat32 partition-type
creation.

If you are looking for software to synchronize multiple computers over the network I would suggest you look at Unison. A little but like rsync (which is what I use to back up over my home network) but bidirectional.

If you have an old PC to spare, Windows Home Server would do exactly what you want.

I ended up grabbing Paragon's personal backup software while they were running a $14.95 / license special.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Back