• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Backup over network

Deluded

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 31, 2009
Messages
1,376
Business asked me to setup a automatic backup software that does a full + incremental backup from several computers onto a server that's onsite. All computers are networked.

I've been trolling hardforum for software suggestions, and I've found:

Cobian BackUp
Todo Backup
Norton Ghost

I read and reread the features of each software on the website, but I can't figure out if they actually support over-the-network backup. This is my question... which one of these software -- or one you recommend -- support over the network backup? Full backup too.

I'd like to have the option to restore a single file or group of files if necessary.

Any help is appreciated.
 
I'd wait a few for Server 2012 Essentials.

25 client network backup, bare metal restores. Single Instance Store to reduce drive space usage.

But... There's that damned domain thing :(

If you want to stay workgroup, WHS 2011 will get the job done. Just realize it's a recently discontinued product.
 
@MAX SyncUp. It does backup networked machines. It supports win server 2003 and later. Of course, full and incremental backup. Ask me if there are some questions. I'm ready to help. ;)
 
ShadowProtect Desktop edition. Install image manager on the server and let it consolidate the incrementals.

Be sure to enable write cacheing on the backup job is you use this.
 
Back
Top