I have never been very good about backing up my data but I have started to get into photography and have been thinking about setting up a way to back up the pictures.
I would like to import my pictures onto my main drive, have them copied onto another drive on the same computer, then uploaded onto my QNAP nas maybe once a week. I would feel fairly comfortable with a setup like this since I have never had to deal with hard drive failures.*knock on wood*
It seems like there should be a software solution for this, but I am not too familiar with backup programs. Ideally, I would like to be able to choose folders on my main drive that I would like to be backed up. I am not too concerned about backing up the OS and the installed programs.
Is there a downside backing up data in this way that I am overlooking? Or is there a simpler way to do this?
tia
I would like to import my pictures onto my main drive, have them copied onto another drive on the same computer, then uploaded onto my QNAP nas maybe once a week. I would feel fairly comfortable with a setup like this since I have never had to deal with hard drive failures.*knock on wood*
It seems like there should be a software solution for this, but I am not too familiar with backup programs. Ideally, I would like to be able to choose folders on my main drive that I would like to be backed up. I am not too concerned about backing up the OS and the installed programs.
Is there a downside backing up data in this way that I am overlooking? Or is there a simpler way to do this?
tia