Backplane Conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceGoober

Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!
2FA
Joined
Jun 25, 2003
Messages
29,035
Hey mighty [H]'ers,

My Google Foo is totally failing me today as I haven't been able to find a good backplane without an enclosure. What I am looking for is a SATA III backplane (minus enclosure) with the hope of running 3 x WD Red 3TB drives in RAID 0 in a somewhat cramped case without having to go to an external enclosure. Max budget on this is $200.

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right way. :)

Resolved: I feel like an idiot...all that was needed were SAS to SATA forward breakout cables. Thanks to those who posted suggestions - appreciated.
 
Last edited:
You're not going to find a backplane on its own because there's no standard on drive spacing and they're built specifically for certain enclosures. Not really sure why you want a backplane anyway since you won't be hot-swapping.
 
You're not going to find a backplane on its own because there's no standard on drive spacing and they're built specifically for certain enclosures. Not really sure why you want a backplane anyway since you won't be hot-swapping.

This.

The only thing I can think of that would help you is something like this http://www.amazon.com/EverCool-Dual-Drive-Triple-Cooling/dp/B0032UUGF4/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_2_1. I used to use a lian li version until I bought a rackmount chassis.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top