Backlight question - HP w2408h - please advise..

bl80

n00b
Hello..

I picked up a new HP w2408h.. on the sales floor this was hands down the best looking monitor compared to many of the samsung/dell/gateway/etc that I saw. Really impressive.

Got one home and this is my first time w/ an LCD..

The lower edge shows a lot of backlight ... a lot more than I was expecting. Its a big monitor and I understand how colors may change at different angles.. I am just a bit surprised at how bright the lower part is.. my start bar icons are a lot brighter than I think they should be.

solid black background tests show this as well.

did i get a lemon?

think I have 7 more days to return it.

any advice would be appreciated.

Not sure if it's a lemon, but BLB is a bad sign. I would exchange it and try your luck with a new panel.

BLB traditionally will only get worse over time after the ravages of heat and wear/tear take their toll on the display.

I simply do not accept BLB nor dead pixels or sub-pixels. It's not like I get a discount for them, so if I pay full price, I expect full value.

Regards,
10e

I have the same monitor and I have noticed a little BLB on the bottom as well....however for me it's not too much and I can't see it at all except on a full black screen...although I am also running at only 30% brightness.

Back