• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Backlight LED bleed...

jd1000

n00b
Joined
Jun 10, 2012
Messages
12
Hi all,
is BLB going to be a problem is Im mostly using working in windows, doing things like surfing the net, office and some illustrator use? I can imagine it would have a major affect on games... but otherwise?
 
Backlight bleeding is most noticeable in dark scenes in movies and games, you won't see it when working in light coloured windows.

What monitor do you have anyway?
 
In some cases it would be noticable, like a letterboxed movie or a dark game. In the last monitor that I returned, I could see the bleeding in Diablo 3. This was edge bleeding in a Samsung model. The ASUS model I compared it to had BLB all the way through, which was more uniform but caused bright dark scenes.
 
My Samsung PX2370 LED has a fair amount back light bleed noticeable in darker scenes but the Samsung 2333T CCFL sitting next to it has zero bleed, Guessing it has to do with the slimmer design on LED models?
 
Just returned my u2711 because I couldnt stand the AG coating on it (great monitor otherise,)

Thinking of getting a Samsung S27a850d, realistically the only game I play on it is Diablo 3, rest of the time its going to be ms office and adobe stuff.
 
Back
Top