Backlight bleeding with VA?

FOSS-I

Weaksauce
I read this: "Pas très satisfait de mon achat , backlight bleeding avec une qualitée d'image tres décevante , le noir est plus gris que noir . Apres avoir tester ce produit plus en profondeur je ne l'aime pas du tout surtout a cause des probleme mentionner plus haut. Je vais essayer de la retourner et modifier ma note si tout va bien
Edit: jai reçu un 2eme moniteur et il est encore pire que le premier jai donc demander un remboursement , je ne conseil pas du tout cet ecran"

That translates to this: "Not very satisfied with my purchase, bleeding backlight with a very disappointing image quality, black is more gray than black. After having tested this product in more depth I do not like it at all especially because of the problem mentioned above. I will try to return it and modify my note if all goes well
Edit: I received a 2nd monitor and it is even worse than the first so I ask for a refund, I do not advise this screen at all"

Here's the picture he uploaded:

VA-backlight-bleed.png

Have you heard of backlight bleed like this with VA units?

His reviewed unit: Size : 32" 4K VA Verified Purchase

By BenQ.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Like I mentioned in other threads there are two types of VA panels. In great simplification one resembles old (S-)MVA and have simpler (better) pixel structure but worse viewing angles and other one resembles S-PVA and have vastly improved viewing angles at the expense of some subpixel fidelity.
If we are talking BenQ EW3270U then it is MVA type obviously
ew3270u-cleartype-on-small.jpg

This is from RTINGS review: https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/benq/ew3270u
Viewing angles on this monitor are as bad as I remember my BenQ VW2420H had and it sported Auo A-MVA panel so I suppose this is different version of the same crappy tech.
Pure black on this monitor had gamma shift. Pattern shown in this photo seems strange but yeah, this might be similar here.

If anything these VA with S-PVA subpixel structure are only real alternative to IPS and these with severe gamma shift are complete rubbish.

Backlight bleeding and flashlighting (particularly on edge lit models) happens with all LCD monitors regardless of panel type. VA panel may show it more clearly because of the deeper blacks but it is not a problem generated by the panel itself but the backlight that is leaking where it should not.

Backlight is the bane of all LCD's existence. Self illuminated pixels like OLEDs is the ultimate cure.

Back