• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Backlight bleeding after moving LCD

Eagle156

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
2,242
I recently had to work on a project, so I moved my Samsung 940b to the right a couple feet. Nothing special, just picked it up without touching the screen and settled it back down gently, like I usually do. I then moved it back, and there seems to be some backlight bleeding. The abmient light and everything is the same, but there is some slight bleeding on the sides even though I had a perfect 0 bleeding screen before I moved it. Is this my brain tricking me, and if not how did I get more bleeding?
 
hmm sounds strange.

I have been dragging my 2405 to lans for a while now and have never had any new bleeding show up.

quick move it back! ;)
 
MrGuvernment said:
anything magnetic in the area?
Not sure. My subwoofer is on the floor about 5ft from the monitor, the front speakers are about 1-2 ft from it. My PC is around 8ft away from it. Otherwise there's nothing else in the room except the rear speakers and fan/lights.
 
Have you tried moving your lcd back to where it was?

On a sidenote: I've wondered how backlight bleeding happens. I've taken two lcd's fully apart and put them back together and i think i have an idea but i'm totally unsure...I wonder if it has to do with how well the lcd panel and backlight are sandwiched together, or if its from a slight misalignment of panel and backlight (?)




MrGuvernment said:
anything magnetic in the area?
Pretty sure LCD's are immune to magnetic interference, much more so than CRT monitors anyway(?)
 
SJetski71 said:
Have you tried moving your lcd back to where it was?

On a sidenote: I've wondered how backlight bleeding happens. I've taken two lcd's fully apart and put them back together and i think i have an idea but i'm totally unsure...I wonder if it has to do with how well the lcd panel and backlight are sandwiched together, or if its from a slight misalignment of panel and backlight (?)




Pretty sure LCD's are immune to magnetic interference, much more so than CRT monitors anyway(?)
It's where it was in the first place right now. I moved it away, turned it off, then put it back where it was. Anyway I have Logitech Z-680s, which I think are magnetically shielded.
 
Back
Top