Backing up and recovering game save files

Duffbuster243

Limp Gawd
I just upgraded from a T-mobile my touch 4g (The HTC Glacier) to a Galaxy SII. I am wondering if there is and way to transfer my game progress from one phone to the other without rooting the phone. Specifically for the game Hill Climb Racing.

No, I don't think there's going to be any way to backup/transfer it without rooting. It sucks, I know and this is one of those things that Android has needed to fix since its arrival.

BTW I love that game, hah. I've unlocked and maxed out everything in it and have some pretty good records on it :cool:. Wish there was a leaderboard or easy way to compare scores with friends in it.

No, I don't think there's going to be any way to backup/transfer it without rooting. It sucks, I know and this is one of those things that Android has needed to fix since its arrival.

BTW I love that game, hah. I've unlocked and maxed out everything in it and have some pretty good records on it :cool:. Wish there was a leaderboard or easy way to compare scores with friends in it.

I have everything unlocked also and it would really suck to have to put so many hours into it to get back to where I was.

There is a way. :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup

Koush does good work. Root not needed but you do need to jump through a few more hoops without root. Read the description.

Ahh, I totally forgot about Carbon. Nice, I haven't tried it since I use Titanium, but it's great that there's a non-root backup system now. Too bad it doesn't work for OP though :(.

I really hope this is one of the issues resolved in the next Android revision. It's such an important feature and I can't comprehend how it has been overlooked in the last several OS revisions.

Ahh, I totally forgot about Carbon. Nice, I haven't tried it since I use Titanium, but it's great that there's a non-root backup system now. Too bad it doesn't work for OP though :(.

I really hope this is one of the issues resolved in the next Android revision. It's such an important feature and I can't comprehend how it has been overlooked in the last several OS revisions.

Totally agree. I forgot that Koush built it around the Backup feature in Android 4.x itself. It really is stupid that Google doesn't have this built in yet and just syncing to Drive or device storage.

Titanium Pro is nice but man I really like Carbon. I'm just waiting to see if Google adds this into Android before throwing a few bucks at Koush.

Back