Background won't change from solid color?

Alcohol

n00b
I changed my desktop color to a solid color and now I can't get it to change back to a normal background. :confused: I can see the background I select through the transparent part of the window/task bar however, the background is sitll a solid color? :confused:

bg.png

bg2.png

bg3.png

bg4.png

I got the background to show in the last screenshot only because I was dragging the task bar back to it's normal size, as soon as I release left click it goes to the blank, black background.

wtf:eek:

It's like you have it on projection mode or something- hooked up to a projector possibly.

Reminds me of like Remote Desktop of some sort (could be Logmein or something).
They will blank your desktop as well, you don't have anything like this running?

It's like you have it on projection mode or something- hooked up to a projector possibly.

Reminds me of like Remote Desktop of some sort (could be Logmein or something).
They will blank your desktop as well, you don't have anything like this running?

No, nothing like that. Not unless there is something like that packaged with vista that I inadvertanly activated somehow.

I really don't know.

Just tried setting mine to a solid color, then setting it back to a picture, and it works fine.

Lol <3 windows. It's gonna be funny if I end up having to reinstall to fix this.

change the background or the theme or whatever you have to do to get the blue box that comes up saying "applying theme" or whatever and the background is grayed out. once you do this it will work. This happens with PCs at my work a lot.

Back