Background sound/music when talking through mic?

darkflames

Gawd
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
738
Well after i just reinstalled my case and put my audio jumpers on, and when i talk in ventrilo or any thing that does with my mic, you can here my game sound, the music im playing, or when im talking and someone else to start talking in vent they can hear themselves. Before it never did this, so i reinstalled my audio drivers didnt help. I also restored my comp to a few days ago and it didnt solve it eather. Are there any settings that could be causing this? Im using a headset and a mic not speakers and a mic.
 
what do you have set as the source in the recording mixer?
(you description leads me to believe the "what you hear" option is selected)
 
In ventrilo the mixer is Realtek AC97 Audio, Mux is Recording Control, and Line is Microphone. I just started windows sound recorder again and when i record while playing music very softly, i could still hear it. I dont even have to be talking to hear it when i play it back. The bar that goes up and back down as you talk is just a steady line when im not talking and i can still hear the music. I even tried muting my mic and i can still hear the music throug the recorder.
 
I even tried muting my mic and i can still hear the music throug the recorder.

That just verified what I suspected before. ;)


Double click the speaker icon in the system tray
then click
Options.
then click
Properties.
Click the recording option where it says:
"adjust volume for"
Then click
OK

when the recording mixer opens up make sure the mic is the only device selected
 
just finished doing a complete format/restore of my computer and it is still doing it :(
 
Back
Top