Background Distortion

mrgstiffler

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Dec 20, 2000
Messages
13,410
I have a set of Logitech X540s with an eVGA 680i board and am using onboard sound. There's a background distortion noise in pretty much everything that's played. It's VERY noticeable at high volume. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the onboard sound or the speakers. I don't mind buying a high end soundcard if it will fix the problem but would rather not spend the money if the speakers are the issue. Any ideas?
 
Is this distortion only there at high volumes? Have you tried to get the latest driver for this mobo? I know it's rather new but they may have a newer audio driver. I would say invest in a soundcard, you will never consider onboards again.
Is there anyway you can test the speakers on another PC or Device? -Sounds like just a bad onboard, they aren't good for much really.
 
Back
Top