• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

back2school promo?

ocbaud

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Nov 3, 2000
Messages
5,906
so i bought my macbook pro on may 22nd.

i hear tomorrow they start the back2school promotion where you would qualify for a free 8gb ipod touch.

its been less than 2 weeks since my purchase. what do you think the chances are of them letting me pick up a free ipod touch tomorrow or the next day? :eek:
 
Slim to none, because it's generally offered like a rebate.

You have to purchase them together (on the same receipt/invoice) and then you send in the paperwork to get the money back for the ipod
 
Slim to none, because it's generally offered like a rebate.

You have to purchase them together (on the same receipt/invoice) and then you send in the paperwork to get the money back for the ipod

ah i see now


oh well, i was just gonna sell the thing anyway :p
don't need that and a 3g iphone
 
Apple usually does something like this at a products EOL. I remember buying the iMac 24" which came with a free ipod nano, and 1-2 weeks later the new nanos came out. Looks like this time however apple is trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone by getting rid of MacBooks (rumored to be updated June 9th) and iPod Touches (rumored to be updated June 9th).
 
Apple usually does something like this at a products EOL. I remember buying the iMac 24" which came with a free ipod nano, and 1-2 weeks later the new nanos came out. Looks like this time however apple is trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone by getting rid of MacBooks (rumored to be updated June 9th) and iPod Touches (rumored to be updated June 9th).

Agreed. Apple is creative with EOL (End of Life) product stock :p

Apple really does not give deals at any other time. Their 5% off is a joke and usually all they offer max for any sort of student discount, business discount, or even media discount :eek:

The only really good discount is their employee discount, but then you have to work for them :(
 
Apple usually does something like this at a products EOL. I remember buying the iMac 24" which came with a free ipod nano, and 1-2 weeks later the new nanos came out. Looks like this time however apple is trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone by getting rid of MacBooks (rumored to be updated June 9th) and iPod Touches (rumored to be updated June 9th).

can we expect a MBP update too?
 
Just received an email about it. Get a free iPod Touch 8GB or Nano 8GB, or $100 AR on a 16GB Touch, or $200 AR on a 32GB Touch.
 
Great deal this year. Might be worth picking up the macbook pro that I have had my eye on for a while now.
 
http://www.appleinsider.com/article...lanning_biggest_back_to_school_promo_yet.html

Pretty much the source of the current rumor mill, as all the Apple sites are linking to it. Wonder how people that buy Macbooks a day or two before that deal goes into effect will/would feel, screwed I bet. :(

About the same as I felt when I shelled out $350 for an 80GB iPod and about a month later they dropped the price to $250 and introduced the 160GB model. Yeah, I felt screwed.
 
To the OP: it's worth giving Apple a call and pleading your case, particularly since you're within the 2 week window. Others have reported success with things of this nature (price drops, upgrades), so give it a shot, you may be pleasantly surprised, they're usually pretty reasonable.
 
If there's going to be a refresh why not wait until the refresh happens then buy the macbook. I'm pretty sure this deal is going to be around until September.
 
If there's going to be a refresh why not wait until the refresh happens then buy the macbook. I'm pretty sure this deal is going to be around until September.
I've been wondering this as well. As a student I'm thinking about jumping on this deal, but wondering if I should just wait till after June 9th to see whats up.
 
Well, the deal lasts until Sept 15, so I'd definitely wait for Monday, but I don't think the chances for new Macbooks are all that good. Pros are a little more likely, but still not a big chance. You certainly won't see new iPods, they almost always do those at a late Sept/October event (which is part of the reason they run this deal - it's a good way to clean out inventory). Slight chance of a capacity bump on the iPod Touches, but I wouldn't count on it.

There's no reason not to wait for Monday, but there's not much point in waiting any time after that - there almost certainly won't be any Apple announcements between then and when the deal expires, at least not ones that would impact this offer.
 
They just came out with some, if they are updating anything I would have to guess the Mac Minis.
 
So there aren't any new macbooks/ipod touches, correct? Is it safe to jump on this deal yet?
 
It makes sense to now, yeah. It doesn't seem like there will be more updates for several weeks, at the very minimum. If Apple wanted to get these Macbooks in stores by high school graduation/summer before college, they would be out by now.
 
Back
Top