MoDsOuRcEdOtNeT
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Oct 31, 2003
- Messages
- 469
Hello [h] been ages since I've posted here. I'm looking at upgrading my agggging system within the next month or so and I've been playing around with overclocking for the first time in a long time just to see what this system really can do. I just need some tips and stuff.
Firstly cpu, I got it running at +200mhz or so running idle about 40º, load 45º (Yeah, idles a bit high). If I remember correctly stay under 55 degrees or so with AMD's right? I realize I could go quite a bit further if I can get my temps down a little (need to reapply thermal paste) and factor in my ram. Which comes my first question, would my ram hold me back? If I remember correctly its 2100 133. I bumped the timings from 8,4,4, and the other thingy 3 to 7,3,3, 2.5. Was this the correct thing to do? Also, is adding 0.3v safe to the ram, from what I've read most people think this is nothing, but should suffice for most, should I just keep playing with the timings and mhz to get the most from my cpu/ram, or is there a place where I should stop? Lastly, whats a save vcore for a 2500+ (non-mobile) I've read anywhere from 0.75-0.8v. The vcore plays a fairly major part in getting those extra few mhz right? (Gosh its been so long heh, I feel like a noob again)
And last of all, I assume If ive maxed out my vid card (radeon 9200... yeah..) I cant do much more on stock cooling?
Thanks very much.
Edit: Prime95'ing tops my cpu out at 60º should I look at trying to figure out why its high, or is it fine?
Firstly cpu, I got it running at +200mhz or so running idle about 40º, load 45º (Yeah, idles a bit high). If I remember correctly stay under 55 degrees or so with AMD's right? I realize I could go quite a bit further if I can get my temps down a little (need to reapply thermal paste) and factor in my ram. Which comes my first question, would my ram hold me back? If I remember correctly its 2100 133. I bumped the timings from 8,4,4, and the other thingy 3 to 7,3,3, 2.5. Was this the correct thing to do? Also, is adding 0.3v safe to the ram, from what I've read most people think this is nothing, but should suffice for most, should I just keep playing with the timings and mhz to get the most from my cpu/ram, or is there a place where I should stop? Lastly, whats a save vcore for a 2500+ (non-mobile) I've read anywhere from 0.75-0.8v. The vcore plays a fairly major part in getting those extra few mhz right? (Gosh its been so long heh, I feel like a noob again)
And last of all, I assume If ive maxed out my vid card (radeon 9200... yeah..) I cant do much more on stock cooling?
Thanks very much.
Edit: Prime95'ing tops my cpu out at 60º should I look at trying to figure out why its high, or is it fine?