Back in the day

For the life of me I couldn't find any pictures of my water/evap cooled setup, or my full tower in bright grass green. But I did find these lurking in an old picture folder:

My first dedicated LAN machine: circa 2001
side_powersupply.jpg
side_motherboard.jpg

case_insides.jpg

case_closed.jpg

Can't remember the specs except that it was an original Duron and was attached to a 17" CRT. Oh the memories :D
===========================================
Completely Custom Aluminum Case circa 2002

al_case-entire.jpg

al_case-inside.jpg

Also don't remember much about this thing except it was SUPER HEAVY, as in hurt-your-damn-hand-to-carry heavy. So much for aluminum. It was made waaaaay overkill. Gotta love the aluminum framed Panaflo fans and Alpha heatsink though :)
===================================
My old server circa 2002

xaphan-case.jpg
enlight_front_lots-of-holes.jpg

enlight_inside.jpg

My file server in college. Ah the memories. I want to say it had maybe 80GB of storage? :D

Yeah I had one of the Pre-1000 Tandy's, I think it was called a Color TRS-80. It had 8k of ram and a cassette drive, had to use a TV as a monitor. The first computer game I ever bought? The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, 100% text based game. I also had the orginal zork on a cartridge.

I then moved on to a Commodore 64 (Arctic fox FTW!) and then to a Zenith "IBM Compatible" 286. It had 1.2 Mb of Ram (due to a an add in ISA card), 20 MB Harddrive and a upgraded VGA card (from the standard EGA) and a 5.25 floppy drive. It played Wing Commander, Might and Magic and the Eye of the Beholder games like a beast. It was the first PC I "Modded" with a nice layer of flat black paint.

edit: senility.

Last edited:
Back