Baby-proofing UPS devices and

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by PTNL, Sep 5, 2018.

1. PTNL

PTNL [H]ardness Supreme

So my son is nearly walking, and we have an APC UPS unit (product link) in the living room, sitting on the floor, and tucked somewhat behind a TV stand. However, he is still small enough to get access to an end of the UPS and some of the power cords coming out. I'm trying to find a childproof box similar to this concept, but have not found any enclosures large enough to accommodate the UPS plus giving some extra height for plugs. I do have a last option, which is to put a fence around the TV stand; though my wife would rather avoid that look if at all possible.

2. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

get some wood, build a box/cover.

3. PTNL

PTNL [H]ardness Supreme

I had considered this as well. However, we are in a bit of a time-crunch because my wife is due with our second child very soon. And we're full on prep-mode for nursery, "go bags" for dogs and our son, hospital bags for us, etc. So I was looking to throw a little money at the problem, if a product already exists, so I can focus on the other prep work we're doing. Regardless, I'll keep this idea in mind, thanks!

4. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

get a piece of wood the width of the opening and then use a couple angle brakoots to attach it to the tv stand. home depot can cut the wood and has the brackets. or find a way to block it, if the kid cant see it...
    or do you need it to come to you?
    or go total ghetto and fold some cardboard...

5. Verge

Verge [H]ardness Supreme

buy a safe

sit in front

6. Skud

Skud Gawd

Rubbermaid container and cut some holes.