• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Baahhhhh! 5900XT Review...

Killa|3yte

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 22, 2002
Messages
2,266
Went to front page, saw a video card picture on top where the reviews are....

I was like OMGYAYHAPPYDAYNV40 REVIEW!!!111oneleventy...

...then I saw it was a 5900XT :( :(

Oh well, good review regardless...
 
lazy_ppl.jpg
 
Gah!

Damn ISP blocking up my ports. Bummer.

Anyway, interesting they put this review up - this is the card I'm running now. Actually, I have the VIVO version.

It's...alright. I'm running slightly vModded (just the core, working on the mem now) at 540 core / 800 mem. Gets 6500 3dMark03s, for whatever that is worth.

I originally bought it due to the large number of games I had that didn't work right in my 9800, but the last Cat driver seems to have fixed most of the problems (undocumented, though, I played with a 9800XT for a bit and *surprise*, they were working again!)

As soon as I get this 9800XT sold, I'll probably pick up a 9800 Pro or something for cheap.

Errr...anyone want a 5900XT with volt mods?
 
Brent, I must say I really like how these video card reviews are done. They give a general idea of what features/resolution each video card is capable of at a certain common framerate. All around it's a very original and refreshing idea!

Keep up the good work. :)
 
I have the card they reviewed and am very happy with it but for one thing. MSI had on their web site that the card had temperature monitoring but it really does not. I have sent 3 emails to them about it as I wanted that as a part of my new card. I will admit my emails was not very nice as I was mad that they had false advertising but I got no replies at all from them on my emails. That to me is very sorry customer service.
Other than that it is a great card and mine does some nice over clocking.
 
Back
Top