B75M-DGS Overclock?

Xplaced

n00b
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
41
I have the B75M-DGS ASRock board. It has overclocking stuff in the BIOS (settings and such) but I can't get the core clock of 37 to stick. In fact it doesn't seem to be doing any thing different at all other than running normally.

I have an i5-2500k in there. I thought putting the All Core setting to 37 would make it run 3700Mhz, but it is still acting normally (3.3 and 3.4 turbo on all cores).

What am I doing wrong? I can't find any in formation on overclocking this board at all. It can do it (it has the features built in) but I can't make them work. Any help would be great! I just want to boost it to 3.7 or 4.0 if possible.

Thanks.
 
B75 boards are not setup for overclocking. I doubt it will do anything.
 
Weird. Why does it have overclocking options in the BIOS if it can't overclock? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The options are there and I can adjust them, so I'd think they'd work at least.

If not, I'll need to get a budget-yet-overclockable motherboard so I don't let the 2500k go to waste. ;)
 
Back
Top