Azureus bittorrent

andrew911tt

Limp Gawd
I get this message from Azureus bittorrent and i was wondering if any of you know how to fix it?

"Yellow means that the tracker is ok, you're connectedd to peers, but you don't have any remote connection. You may have a NAT problem if your torrents stay yellow status all the time."

What is "NAT" and how would i go about fixing it?

NAT stands for Network Address Translation. If you are using a router, then you are behind a NAT. A NAT pretty much allows you to have a local IP address (IE: 192.168.0.1) while your router has the ISP's IP address.

What that error message is saying, is that your router or firewall is preventing connections. What you need to do is open ports for BT, and that message will go away.

I'll give you further instructions if you need it. I need to know first if you are behind a router or a software firewall.

i just run windows SP2 firewall but i am in a college dorm so i am preety sure i am on a router and that they limit the bittorrent traffic. I am also pretty sure that the school runs its oun firewall

Thanks for the help

andrew911tt said:
i just run windows SP2 firewall but i am in a college dorm so i am preety sure i am on a router and that they limit the bittorrent traffic. I am also pretty sure that the school runs its oun firewall

Thanks for the help

No problem :)

As long as your files actually download, then there's no reason to worry about it.

andrew911tt said:
Is there a way to make it go faster?

Well you are on a college's network. So obviously, you can't control the network's firewall. Since you share the same bandwidth with other people in the dorms, slowdowns will occur during peak usage. Are you using a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, make sure you have a good signal.

The only thing you could possibly try is disabling the window's firewall and see what happens. I honestly wouldn't bother unless you're having really slow transfers. Also, try downloading during hours when you think network traffic will be lower.

I really wouldnt advise disabling the software firewall
a campus network is what Id consider an extremely hostile environment
you can get a rule based firewall, Id recommend Kerio Personal Firewall
I use v2.1.4 and you could hunt up the older version
but version 4 is currently available as freeware from Kerio

as far a circumnavigating campus firewalls goes thats a verbotten topic
and there isnt much youd be able to do anyway

just keep your guard up ;)

Ice Czar said:
I really wouldnt advise disabling the software firewall
a campus network is what Id consider an extremely hostile environment
you can get a rule based firewall, Id recommend Kerio Personal Firewall
I use v2.1.4 and you could hunt up the older version
but version 4 is currently available as freeware from Kerio

as far a circumnavigating campus firewalls goes thats a verbotten topic
and there isnt much youd be able to do anyway

just keep your guard up ;)

Good advice, I shouldn't have suggested disabling Window's firewall. I forgot that, as you said, a campus network isn't the safest. I'm used to being behind my router and being able to run without a software firewall if I had to.

I had that problem, I just upgraded to the newest version of java (that was released 2 weeks ago) and it fixed all my problems. The old version of java messes up the new version of azureus....

Back