AZUL (modded Bitfenix Aegis)

alexciobanu

Limp Gawd
5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Hi guys,

Recently I posted a new thread on my Project Isolation and today I have a new build log for a project I am calling AZUL which simply means blue in Spanish and I needed a name that sounds cool in English :)

So I give you AZUL, a modded system in the Bitfenix Aegis case!

I would like to thank Bitfenix for providing me with the case and other accessories as well as ASUS Australia, Bitspower, HyperX and CableMod!

I will update the specs once I know everything is confirmed. To start, here's a look at the case before the action happens and as the translation of the name suggests, the case is blue!

bwRSuLb.jpg

gMWj4b3.jpg

2mSrpLe.jpg

BhbF1Yn.jpg

ENYnwxi.jpg

ohFOlCM.jpg

xJnGVFS.jpg

8EF4iRK.jpg

CZjJKTR.jpg

2h1EuZW.jpg

rhu3Vx8.jpg

nAqH8JW.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited:
5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Hi guys,

Back with a small update on this build :)

Got the case in my new work/photo area and fully disassembled it, ready for some mods :D

S64tw1R.jpg

wAam1ax.jpg

tgSbHKV.jpg

mrMxpZ4.jpg

iIbmbin.jpg

tQAUCHs.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited:
5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Hi guys,

Here's a bit of Dremel action on the front panel :D

3KHte3s.jpg

2JpRKxT.jpg

W5ypLwZ.jpg

4r8Lr8J.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited:
5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Hi guys,

I have a quick update for you! I painted some of the case pieces white to change the appearance of the case a bit! Colour scheme will be blue, white and some black that is left over.

Just have to wait for them to fully cure before mounting them back to the case :)

FADHirp.jpg

w3JQmds.jpg

NIvCnP8.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited:
5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Hi guys,

Here's the case with the white pieces installed :)

Still some work to do on the front panel.

lJIwlj0.jpg

AiOv42N.jpg

LEMa63m.jpg

BUFyqPX.jpg

xPYICk8.jpg

s1SmdKo.jpg

9OoMICp.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited:
5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Hi guys,

Back with a small update on this build.

Showcasing a few Bitfenix items, Alchemy LED strips, white Spectre PRO 120mm fans with blue LED as well as some sleeved SATA cables.

Also a package arrived from Bitspower carrying a lot of awesome goodies for this build as well as my other ongoing build Project Isolation.

Let's check it out!

FIiqqw2.jpg

Lots of fans :D

GlphFLo.jpg

om2L3E2.jpg

Cwo2Xby.jpg

ocD28Fg.jpg

G6AoALy.jpg

Lots of Bitspower goodies and a small mountain of fittings!

wUpFxO5.jpg

LDy74ug.jpg

gEKvlfL.jpg

nR7zue5.jpg

Q6Ak2cB.jpg

AqtEj7V.jpg

e1qvS3j.jpg

ZYWqE0C.jpg

qCb5FAY.jpg

b8ieGfn.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Hi guys,

It's been a while but I think I'm ready to start working on this project again and hopefully finish it this time!

I've just been busy with work and other projects this kept getting pushed aside.

Let's kick of the progress with some acrylic panels that I have added to the case as well as the vinyl work done to them!

Also if you can see I now have a clear windowed panel on the front however more work will be done to that.

BUjTQHV.jpg

nW9C8AS.jpg

5mMprcJ.jpg

yHYjr0n.jpg

roC0yeZ.jpg

MAlrzIr.jpg

iVyGbuP.jpg

0DjAZ0E.jpg

AtQXBPR.jpg

PSU I will be using is the Corsair HX750i

E2r9HrO.jpg

EL3vPdC.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more on this build coming shortly!

Cheers,

Alex

5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Hey guys,

I added some paint, vinyl and frosted the acrylic in the front panel. It's really coming along now!

There's even more work that will be done to the front panel however, stay tuned!

htQj6JP.jpg

1foWRjM.jpg

nD47eLW.jpg

H1x0kb9.jpg

SDR1TOK.jpg

wggKzxV.jpg

AKYg3Cz.jpg

YlfmP4R.jpg

qXcNIQ5.jpg

0NuxSxn.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Hi guys,

A small update on this build :)

I did a bit more work on the PSU shroud after painting it white. I used a Sharpie permanent marker to trace the Bitfenix logo in order to give it a bit of a contrast.

It was a very easy thing to do, hope you guys like it. Stay tuned for more updates.

bHvtXrK.jpg

fAVP6cU.jpg

mWFNUVN.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Okay guys, some of you may have been wondering where I'm going at with the front panel of the case. I first cut this massive hole in it, it then add a windows only to frost it.

Well I hope these pictures give you an idea hehehe, I will leave it at that.

7vK6ZVa.jpg

4f9ho71.jpg

pShN4hG.jpg

GZWgCX4.jpg

MhABPRn.jpg

gWpzNYj.jpg

jrKa0cH.jpg

kRlyIfg.jpg

73JPL8N.jpg

dtpEd1l.jpg

42DjS3v.jpg

fTwod4F.jpg

PITSRLN.jpg

8MtMIF3.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Hey guys,

So I've been working on the reservoir for the front panel and so far so good. After a few days of leak testing it seems to be all good. Here are the progress shots and the completed reservoir.

The acrylic cement glue I used to glue it all. This is actually super strong stuff if you've never heard or used it before. It actually bonds the acrylic to itself and creates a nice seal.

egFkuHO.jpg

First test

nlZZi1X.jpg

And the start of the res

QDELgk5.jpg

4piuvFO.jpg

I first tested it without fully sealing it just to see if the first part would pass

Dy8xWHq.jpg

Once testing was all good I proceeded to sealing it up

fzzIPxb.jpg

MRXXVMI.jpg

OrH2fyx.jpg

And here it is

K1EoFrA.jpg

SH0gFUT.jpg

Sorry for the lack of quality in these photos, they were all taken on my phone.

Stay tuned for more.

Cheers,

Alex

5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Hi guys,

I hope you enjoyed the last update with the reservoir. I will not start featuring the components going into this build starting with the motherboard and memory.

The ASUS Z97 Gryphon with the armor kit! I've had this motherboard for a while and it hasn't been used. I'm excited to finally use it as it really is a nice board.

yg6r7pv.jpg

Here it is without the armor on.

MQcSaEA.jpg

q3EVE4U.jpg

OkuS18K.jpg

And with the armor.

5jMb9ga.jpg

O5lNZoQ.jpg

0eLKbEC.jpg

I love these caps/covers that come with the armor, I think it adds a nice feature.

LlWEDRe.jpg

They include one for the rear I/O as well though I will probably leave these off.

EcJRb5R.jpg

Also, here is the RAM. I'm sticking with the white and black theme.

piLkuEW.jpg

Urz2DxW.jpg

TgcS541.jpg

It looks nice to alternate between the colours with the RAM sticks.

YT9qUcR.jpg

I will be, of course, modding the motherboard to suit the theme so stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Hi guys,

More work has been done on the AZUL build as I am trying to get it near completion!

Firstly the graphics cards used are two reference GTX 970s to which I have installed Bitspower water blocks to. I love the look of these small cards. They will work nice in this build with the M-ATX motherboard.

Z593OWa.jpg

6KZyNqL.jpg

5T3WvDW.jpg

dR4P2m0.jpg

yhZfuY1.jpg

EyfgixX.jpg

1kGLxrS.jpg

V7OmGf6.jpg

Also the motherboard armor has been painted white using some Plasti Dip and it came out pretty good!

mBPOk1G.jpg

LrA0vYP.jpg

eOFaA8l.jpg

dZy1nF6.jpg

Bitspower CPU water block!

24nVmc3.jpg

Now to add some vinyl to the motherboard to tie it in with the theme a bit more and hide some of the other colours still showing. Once that's done I can start assembling!

Cheers,

Alex

5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Hey guys,

Getting ready to finish off this build very soon! Here are some more progress shots and further things that I got done.

Firstly I started mounting things in the case.

qZvjfMo.jpg

I did some more vinyl work on the motherboard to make the logo work with the theme.

wENgoDg.jpg

NexQAgt.jpg

JffvxzD.jpg

Vinyl work on the reservoir as well.

8Mv9kRd.jpg

AAPNLx4.jpg

mWxc081.jpg

Some vinyl work for the fans. This will be mounted in front of the custom reservoir with some spacers in order to allow the fans to draw air in through the radiator.

Sm9s5zq.jpg

2nMmOI3.jpg

Cb7WbNN.jpg

Etuy4uf.jpg

mUUyOy2.jpg

There will also be another, normal reservoir with a pump in front of the front rad in order to easily feed the pump when filling.

OaH7GRE.jpg

mCqrxnW.jpg

That's pretty much it, hope you guys like the progress so far.

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Okay, cables are all in and so is mostly everything else! I just need to get an SSD stuck next to the motherboard on that panel and then I can start tubing up!

ZsXbtk1.jpg

W0GZ9uY.jpg

aenbYut.jpg

AabwjxQ.jpg

P1Wrlj8.jpg

Y20cXkp.jpg

UXUqYe7.jpg

VqvIcvb.jpg

oCkYqx7.jpg

6pNkXNK.jpg

zwiIYv1.jpg

pVvAbNk.jpg

CmtSGrw.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Hey guys,

I've had to put this build aside yet again hahaha!

This time I am finishing it however :D

Sorry for the crappy phone photos but I rushed to get most of the tubing done and the coolant is mixed and ready to go as well. Just a few more things to get done and I will be able to fill it.

Here it is:

etfdLhS.jpg

RagoXW7.jpg

Ijf9EdZ.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Last update before the finished build! All along I never had a CPU for this build so I picked up an older gem to fit the motherboard used on eBay! The great thing is that it already came delidded.

So here's a quick look at the delidded 4770K going in this build.

6coBslv.jpg

Gb6HM5A.jpg

DWBHkiB.jpg

I popped it in with some fresh thermal paste under the IHS.

l8seSB5.jpg

hP9tOp5.jpg

Also if you didn't notice from the last update the GPUs were not yet tubed up. It's because I was testing if the fittings I had would fit. They do but just, with a bit of tube in between that you can't even see once connected.

jZp9NqN.jpg

OTr6aid.jpg

Stay tuned for the final update coming up next!

Thanks a lot for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex

5Cn7Fb6.jpg

Hey guys,

Here it is! Final pics, and the video will be coming soon! Hope you like it, been a long time coming for this one.

6vGUZdg.jpg

Mkn4hH4.jpg

iLWT29G.jpg

NkfpvjV.jpg

1HkgZ1h.jpg

zKcusgq.jpg

0m7ILv1.jpg

bgao4Eq.jpg

39cTwqh.jpg

H1nEZqc.jpg

vZhuX7z.jpg

DBrHr06.jpg

VlBGjN6.jpg

ASdCVs1.jpg

Thanks a lot for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

nice build. my only criticism is the zip ties on the pcie cable. needs combs I think. maybe those back-to-back ones...

nice build. my only criticism is the zip ties on the pcie cable. needs combs I think. maybe those back-to-back ones...

Thanks mate and yea I know. I had some open combs on before but they made the cables look too big coming out next to the short GPUs like that so cables ties looked better in my opinion.

Back