ax 750 failure :(

cdabc123

Supreme [H]ardness
well i walked in my office today an found the mining rig was down as well as a bad smell. under farther investigation it looks like the ax 750 died. suprisingly it wasnt the psu that died it was the area where the cables connect to the psu. It was only driving a single 295x2 and the psu apears to still work. Is this a common thing to happen? and im assuming no possible warranty options since i bought it used?

pics (abit of damage from me pulling them apart with pliers- http://imgur.com/a/5PFtG

Last edited:
Seasonic I believe does warranty by serial number, so bought used doesn't really matter. It doesn't hurt to ask, and Seasonic is known for excellent customer service.

Seasonic I believe does warranty by serial number, so bought used doesn't really matter. It doesn't hurt to ask, and Seasonic is known for excellent customer service.

well i filed a rma from corsair (Ax 750) they asked for proof of purchase but i just left it blank :p

Corsair takes care of their customers. I had an AF120 fan that I was sleeving the cable on and I accidentally pulled the wires a bit too hard, ripping them from their solder joints. On closer inspection, I noticed the originally solder joints were somewhat poorly done. Opened a case with Corsair just to see what they'd say - told them that it was my error, but in my opinion the solder joints weren't very well done. They offered to send me a replacement, but by that time I had already managed to solder the wires back on. Pretty nice of them to offer a replacement when they could have easily said "sorry buddy, you're the one who broke it".

Corsair takes care of their customers. I had an AF120 fan that I was sleeving the cable on and I accidentally pulled the wires a bit too hard, ripping them from their solder joints. On closer inspection, I noticed the originally solder joints were somewhat poorly done. Opened a case with Corsair just to see what they'd say - told them that it was my error, but in my opinion the solder joints weren't very well done. They offered to send me a replacement, but by that time I had already managed to solder the wires back on. Pretty nice of them to offer a replacement when they could have easily said "sorry buddy, you're the one who broke it".
from the looks of it they arnt able to help me as i dont have the original purchase info

Once the connectors get hot enough to melt like that, I would replace the PSU.
Once the pins get burnt, the problem could easily recur even with a new cable.

Once the connectors get hot enough to melt like that, I would replace the PSU.
Once the pins get burnt, the problem could easily recur even with a new cable.

Yea I pulled the psu out of the rig. The connection is shot I had to use pliers to separate the cable and psu.

The same happened with my V1000. PSU still works, but i don't really trust it anymore.

I'd say contact Corsair, the worst they can say is "tough luck"

The same happened with my V1000. PSU still works, but i don't really trust it anymore.

I'd say contact Corsair, the worst they can say is "tough luck"
i did then I stopped responding when they asked for the purchase info.

Back