awww help!

mrmodman

Limp Gawd
first off the specs
x2 [email protected] -1.27Voltz
x800xl @ 420 550
1.5gigs

well the problem started when i brought my computer to a lan yesterday it was working fine and i left came back and turned on comp and after windows loading screen windows dosent show up, i know it loads cuz i can hear it. Ive loaded in safe mode works fine tryied a system restore everything goes right but still same problem no matter what day i go back to ,anyone have any ideas pleaseee

Mason
proud owner of "1337 Computers"

Maybe something has come loose or.. just.. try to reseat the video card and the RAM.

w1retap said:
you need to reply to your other thread first before we help you. POST PIX OF YOUR WIRE MANAGEMENT JOB!!

Here it is incase you lost your own thread.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1082263&page=1&pp=20
;)

lol, this is funny, but we should let the poor lad be :)

mrmodman, your problem is quite likely to be refresh rate based.
If your monitor cant use the refresh rate selected in Windows, you are likely to get no display when in Windows.
The problem with trying to change the refresh rate while in safe mode is that the video drivers arent actually loaded so it doesnt configure the driver.

Its easy to fix without any technical know how by uninstalling the video drivers in safe mode, rebooting and then re-installing them.
Default refresh rates will be used then.

Maybe you selected a resolution and refresh rate your monitor can't handle...

Try to boot into safe mode. If you can, set the video settings to 800x600 at 60 hz and reboot again.

Chernobyl1 said:
The problem with trying to change the refresh rate while in safe mode is that the video drivers arent actually loaded so it doesnt configure the driver.

Thats wrong. It doesn't care about the drivers, it sets the mode and on reboot the drivers accept the mode selected on last shutdown.

And it DOES work.

No need to flame. But at the lan place/party that you were at were you using a differnet monitor then you normally did? And also reseat everything.

POST PICS OF YOUR WIRING JOB. Before I get a baby lamb and hold it hostage!

You can't go "awwwhelp" when you still owe us pics!!

No pics? We won't help!
No pics? We won't help!
No pics? We won't help!
No pics? We won't help!
No pics? We won't help!

Seriously though... so you see the windows loading screen, and then nothing else? SOMETHING must be different if it's behaving in this manner. More details would be nice.

I know the answer to your problem!!!!!!

But you owe me something first...

lol. man, you really screwed yourself didn't you? go take that monitor and hook it up to another one of your "1337" computers and see if it displays anything. If it is, then take another graphics card and plug it up to your system then test the monitor again.

and i want to see god damn pics.

lol. :p

BBA said:
Thats wrong. It doesn't care about the drivers, it sets the mode and on reboot the drivers accept the mode selected on last shutdown.

And it DOES work.

lol
I must have been seeing things then when it didnt work for me using a 6800GT.
The NVidia control panel wasnt active in safe mode and the refresh rate used by Windows was therefore innaccessable to change.
Changing the refresh rate of the Monitor in Safe mode (Display Properties/Advanced) didnt change the refresh rate when rebooted normally into Windows.

If it was me, I would go and repair/or format reinstall windows, but thats just me and my crazyness of formating every 2 weeks :p

Oh, and once you fix your PC, POST YOUR PROMISED PICTURES OF YOUR CABLE MANAGEMENT JOB!!!!!!

We Want PIX
We Want PIX
We Want PIX!
We Want PIX!!
We Want PIX!!!
We Want PIX!!!!!!!
WE WANT PIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we love you man please don't take offence :)

hey sorry [H]ard Users i know i owe all you pics im sorry i think i have to buy a new camera cuz mine got stolen but ill barrow someones soon and update you on those and "1337 Computers" is a computer buisness im starting with a friend cuz i dont want to be a bumb when i get older and i messed up to bad in school so im trying to get my life straight and im not the richest child either so its hard for me beaing a "poor" kid but i will update you all comp still isnt working trying all suggestion prolly gonna reformat but i did so much tweeking on xp i dont really want to do everything all over agian
love you alllll!

One of the longest sentences ever, oh and PLEASE dont tell us you love us, thats just creepy.

mrmodman said:
hey sorry [H]ard Users i know i owe all you pics im sorry i think i have to buy a new camera cuz mine got stolen but ill barrow someones soon and update you on those and "1337 Computers" is a computer buisness im starting with a friend cuz i dont want to be a bumb when i get older and i messed up to bad in school so im trying to get my life straight and im not the richest child either so its hard for me beaing a "poor" kid but i will update you all comp still isnt working trying all suggestion prolly gonna reformat but i did so much tweeking on xp i dont really want to do everything all over agian
love you alllll!

Steal the camera back!!!!!!

Chernobyl1 said:
lol, says the man called wee :D

Yea, having a name of a terrible disaster that polluted part of the world is good too isnt it? :D

wee96 said:
Yea, having a name of a terrible disaster that polluted part of the world is good too isnt it? :D

It's much better then having a name of the worst character in starcraft. ;)

Firebat said:
It's much better then having a name of the worst character in starcraft. ;)

Your name isn't "almost-useless flying meatsack with tentacles" aka overlords... Haha, those were so much fun to huntdown.

Stuey83 said:
Your name isn't "almost-useless flying meatsack with tentacles" aka overlords... Haha, those were so much fun to huntdown.

I think im going to go play some starcraft, your making my mouth water. :D

Hupo said:
That was pretty nerdy. lol

Yeap, cant say I know wtf he's talkin about hahah, I mean ive heard of the game but thats about it.

wee96 said:
Yeap, cant say I know wtf he's talkin about hahah, I mean ive heard of the game but thats about it.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

You march yourself to the nearest PC game retailer, young man, and don't return until you have the battlechest in hand!! Then go to your room!!! (and play through the original and expansion)

!Update!
Got my computer back up and running. Had to reinstall windows.....lost everything ,i tryied repair but didnt work,came up with blue screen of death . im still looking for a camera thinking of useing a friends but i swear i will have pics of it soon.

I know what the game is fellas i just dont know the characters cuz im not THAT geeky :p

I had the same issue with my PC. So I rebooted using F8 and enable VGA mode. Then rest screen resolution and all was fine.

wee96 said:
I know what the game is fellas i just dont know the characters cuz im not THAT geeky :p

That's like saying that you know of HL but haven't heard of Gordon Freeman. Or that you know of Super Mario Brothers but don't know who Luigi is.

If you don't know the characters, you didn't play the game, so you were probably either too old or too young during the couple of years it was extremely popular. Eh, or not.

Back