AWstats displaying incorrect date/time

• Thread starter Deleted member 19858
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 19858

I installed AWstats on IIS 6 but the date/time is incorrect. In the advanced properties I have the "user local time for file naming and rollover" checked but the time is running fast. Should I uncheck this?

I had awstats installed on anoter IIS 6 machine and it didnt mess up the date and time whats the deal?

Why did it work fine on my previous installation and now does not?

I will try the plugin but should I have the box checked in the advanced section of the IIS logs for using local time?

I havent used IIS6 yet, but if you are talking about the box that says 'Use local time for file naming and rollover' that just names the logfiles as the current date. If you look inside the log file, the timestamps will not be right.

So if I am Pasific Standard Time and it is 10:33AM right now, the logs says 2004-07-27 17:30:57 so it looks to be 7 hours fast. Normally I am GMT - 8 so should I just change it to

LoadPlugin="timezone -8"

Cause I changed it to the above and in the hours section it shows GMT - 8 however at the top it still says Last visit 27 Jul 2004 - 19:34 which is clearly wrong

I had to delete all the stats that AWStats created. After I ran AWStats all time issues were corrected. Also I remember that I had to delete some of my IIS logs because I didnt have the 'Use local timefor file naming and rollover' box checked for the first week or so that I had IIS running.

I don't particularly want to lose my logs but if I have to I have to, would -8 be the right time?

My timezone is GMT -5 so thats what I put for the timezone plugin and it works fine. So -8 should work for you.

8 set it an hour behind for some reason, 7 looks to be the correct time. YOu dont actually have to delete the logs I dont think. I think you just need to delete the file in the data DIR and rerun the logs to rebuild with the correct data

Back