I've recently noticed a lot of strange lag in a lot of games right as the game finishes its load screen. When I move the camera around, it'll stop and skip around a bit, till it seems to have everything loaded, after which it's smooth, untill I move to another area where it needs to load more stuff from disk. I didn't use to have this problem and I was wondering if any of you had any tips to improve the caching in Windows, seeing as it's happening in most games.
I'm using Windows 8 Pro x64
My system specs are as follows:
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz
Asus Maximus II Formula
6GB DDR2 Memory
GF 670 2GB
Lastly, I'm not running out of memory, as that would explain noticeable swapping.
I'm using Windows 8 Pro x64
My system specs are as follows:
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz
Asus Maximus II Formula
6GB DDR2 Memory
GF 670 2GB
Lastly, I'm not running out of memory, as that would explain noticeable swapping.