Awesome TrackIR5+ ArsmaA2 Video, anyone ever use one?

Been using TrackIR 2 with flight sims for years now, best piece of kit I ever bought for immersion.

Yes, turn your head, keep eyes forward on screen, obviously you can adjust how much the view moves in relation to head movement so you don't need to be able to see out the side/back of your head :)

It looks like a great tool for immersion but for actually increasing your ability at the game, I think having a fee cam button such as RMB would be of greater accuracy, and obviously save you having to buy something new.

Also having to adjust your eyes while you rotate your head is a bit unintuative, I dont think its hard but it doesnt have the same feeling of looking around, maybe tripple monitors would also be a good alternative solutions allowing you to really turn your head and look straight (relative to your head) and see whats going on around you.

wow, ARMA2 is looking amazing. Had not seen much since the first preview vids and I must say in air shots look amazingly real and smooth. Hopefully the game does not fail like ARMA1.

ARMA2 is being made from the same guys as ARMA1 right? And Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is being made by the same guys that made OpFp 1 right?

Also having to adjust your eyes while you rotate your head is a bit unintuative,

You couldn't be more wrong to be honest, it is very intuitive.

I dont think its hard but it doesnt have the same feeling of looking around, maybe tripple monitors would also be a good alternative solutions allowing you to really turn your head and look straight (relative to your head) and see whats going on around you.

Nah, while it'd be nice it's simply not needed imho.

ARMA2 is being made from the same guys as ARMA1 right? And Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is being made by the same guys that made OpFp 1 right?
No, BIS made the first OFP, OFP:Res, OFP:elite(xbox), ArmA1 and now ArmA2.

Here is a short impression about ArmA2 beta from Dslyecxi (I highlighted some interesting things):
As long as you're here, I'd like to take this opportunity to say a bit about ArmA2 beyond what is shown in the video, and this seems like a good place to do it. Many people in the past have expressed some concern about the movement model of A1, to various degrees of severity. Personally, I have been frustrated by some aspects of the A1 movement model, and was hoping it would get a good deal of attention in A2, to bring it more in-line with the movement fluidity of your typical 'modern' game, while still retaining the 'flavor' of OFP/ArmA.

For those of you who have worried about such things as well in A2, let me share a little anecdote with you. In testing the A2 multiplayer in adversarial (and coop of course, but it is most noticed against humans), with a skilled set of testers, I have heard time and time again (and remarked the same myself) as to how much more fun A2 is over A1 thanks to the improvements they've made in character movement. We've played everything from basic deathmatch and team deathmatch, up to all sorts of mission-oriented adversarial stuff. Situations that I normally would not find enjoyable in A1 (example: basic deathmatch) have found new life with the A2 movements. This is not to say that A2 offers flawless movement - it doesn't, at least not yet at a pre-release state. Hopefully that will be the case in the retail release - suggestions are still being made on how to improve the movement, and changes continue to happen. With that in mind, what they have changed up to this point has had a really positive influence on things, and I think that those of you who were turned off by aspects of the A1 movement model will find the A2 changes to be very welcome and fun to work with. It definitely feels like the best movement model in a BIS game to date to me, and I have heard it echoed many times in MP testing.

To note - I do not consider myself to be the type of player who enjoys 'deathmatch' in A1. In A2, though - it's a truly suprising amount of fun. It is much rarer to feel that you have died "because of the movement model". I've had dozens of situations where I was able to take fire and maneuver away at relatively close ranges in what felt like a very agile and human manner.

Anyhow. Wanted to get that out there, since I know it is a point of stress for some of you. While it still has an OFP/ArmA 'feel' to it, there are so many positive changes to it that I really do think it is the best they've put out so far, and will be a greatly appreciated aspect of the game by the community.

Now, to tie that back into the subject at hand - take that improved movement and tie it in with the extremely responsive TrackIR support in ArmA2, combined with a TrackIR5, as well as the fantastic visuals and sounds of A2, and it's one hell of an immersive experience. I am really hyped to see this game get released.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=72436

Back