Awesome Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrLobotomy

Supreme [H]ardness
Just wanted to express my admiration for the forums here and how they function.
I'm not really a super user but have/had accounts with various techy sites and this one is by far the most thought out and functional forum I have ever used. I feel like I have been cheated and made to work now seeing how a proper site is laid out. The inline editing tools and the Alerts button is what I like the best so far. Keep up the good work & keep ignoring the haters. Can't believe this forum template isn't implemented in plenty of other sites instead of Wordpress or disqus or whatever TechReport, Slashdot, reddit, ArsTechnica etc. use.

I demand optional additional adspace added to my forum experience. I want to see another ad here. It will still be the least annoying webpage in history.

I demand optional additional adspace added to my forum experience. I want to see another ad here. It will still be the least annoying webpage in history.

Yea, I didn't even notice that one at the top til you said this...hehe.

And the ads that ARE here don't jump around and make the page go apeshit.

The forum was recently redesigned. And a LOT of people knee-jerked into hate posts. I think this post proves the change was for the better.

I generally still prefer the old design -- it was much more space efficient -- but the new editing tools and WYSIWYG link/image system are better than the old BBCode setup. Alerts are also nice.

The forum was recently redesigned. And a LOT of people knee-jerked into hate posts. I think this post proves the change was for the better.

Well, after living through the hamburger meat abortion that was Slashdot Beta, I can understand when sites changeup function and form, etc. Fortunately, I joined after that here, so I am Mr. Outsider on that debate. Was only a comments browser. I've always gotten the feeling that HARD was run by true tech folks not marketing, PR types. I should have been here a lot sooner, but it goes that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back