• Aliens are scary!

Votes: 26 21.5%

• Total voters

slugl1fe

Limp Gawd
Would you be interested in an AvP MMO?

Due to popular demand: ALIENS ARE SCARY = 'NO'

Last edited:
Simple "yes" and "no" would be better than a half dozen answers that beat around the bush. In any case, "no" is my answer.

Oh I didn't read the poll carefully enough.

I'm very interested in AVP (the upcoming game)

But an MMO would be lame IMO. So are the poll options.

Would be pretty cool as a theme but I can't think of any gameplay objectives really

Plus the alien gear is something odd. What can their gear be upgraded to? They don't wear anything. Marines and predator, sure, but not aliens.

id much rather a starcraft mmo... but they'd probably make it into a pve focued with pvp on the side just like WoW so nvm... honestly thats the only reason I left WoW years ago when they focued on pve so much... whats the point of raiding for gear if your not gonna use it for pvp...

I would be more interested in a FPS/RPG combo than a MMO, I believe SEGA canceled the Colonel Marries RPG.

I would prefer just to play the FPS/RPG as a Predator, in the first AvP movie you can tell that of the three hunters one was the “alpha” and either one or both was their first Alien hunt. Imagine learning the who/what/when of the predators.. Learn the hunt, stalk your prey move up in difficulties and gear.. With this you could easily tie in the Marries and Aliens and many other species as well.

Would be pretty cool as a theme but I can't think of any gameplay objectives really

Plus the alien gear is something odd. What can their gear be upgraded to? They don't wear anything. Marines and predator, sure, but not aliens.

You can base the MMO after atmosphere and not gear dependent. Would work better for that scenario I think. You do gear stuff and its too wow, eq, most all other mmo's tired out way of doing things.

Poorly worded poll. It leads you to a positive or neutral answer when you could be thinking it's the worst idea since square wheels.

I voted hell no. MMO games are not my thing. I want to buy a game and play it. Not buy a game and then pay a monthly fee to play it.

what dumb answers on that poll..

HELL FRIGGIN NO!!! swear to god if an MMO comes out for AVP ill quit playing games completely..

Nope, wouldn't really work. It would kill the environment.

I could see it working. It wouldn't be different than any other MMORPG. Since the predators are all about gadgets/items, it would work the same as any other game. Point and click on a bad guy, watch the animations until one of you happens to be dead, and then pick up a better item or a trophy to show how awesome you are.

With the aliens, it would work if you ate some of your victims for food and impregnated others after you defeated them and added their offspring to your swarm (it's really not Aliens if there isn't a swarm) while accumulating experience to "evolve" into different forms until you became a queen and got to establish your own colony and order your minions around. Maybe you could even make it so that you can alter certain aspects of yourself based on what you've killed so that you can "upgrade" yourself in between major form upgrades. Kill a flying creature, get a chance to add wings. We all know aliens take on the characteristics of their host species; maybe these aliens got this ability from some other species.

As for the "end game" content. Maybe the Predators work to building a ship and flying to other alien controlled planets and hunting them clean while the aliens grow a living ship to try and take over other planets.

Whoever controls the universe wins.

Last edited:
I could see it working. It wouldn't be different than any other MMORPG. Since the predators are all about gadgets/items, it would work the same as any other game. Point and click on a bad guy, watch the animations until one of you happens to be dead, and then pick up a better item or a trophy to show how awesome you are.

With the aliens, it would work if you ate some of your victims for food and impregnated others after you defeated them and added their offspring to your swarm (it's really not Aliens if there isn't a swarm) while accumulating experience to "evolve" into different forms until you became a queen and got to establish your own colony and order your minions around. Maybe you could even make it so that you can alter certain aspects of yourself based on what you've killed so that you can "upgrade" yourself in between major form upgrades. Kill a flying creature, get a chance to add wings. We all know aliens take on the characteristics of their host species; maybe these aliens got this ability from some other species.

As for the "end game" content. Maybe the Predators work to building a ship and flying to other alien controlled planets and hunting them clean while the aliens grow a living ship to try and take over other planets.

Whoever controls the universe wins.

This is basically what I was thinking.

YES! So that other game developers will learn that MMO's aren't a worthy the investment.

dont think it would work... youd have to really stretch it and make up a bunch of BS limitations to balance the game and it would just feel to linear... not enough suspense just wash rinse and repeat with whatever race you are..

I'm not even sure what kind of game this would entail as an mmo. At best it'd be kind of like Huxley I guess.

No. I think the MMO rushes need to slow down, How about better or more innovative multiplayer features instead.

Back