• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AvP Console Patch Finally Coming Out.

Xenomaniac

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 12, 2003
Messages
1,592
I know I know, most of y'all are saying "too little too late," or "I could give a rats ass," but for those that care, finally some good news. The console patch that we've all been waiting for is on it's way. Here is what's to come.

PS3

1. Ranked match lobbies will no longer end after every match.
2. Fixed XP being incorrectly affected by offline play (though only in the local stats; this will be corrected next time you connect to multiplayer).
3. Fixed other players sometimes appearing to have the wrong weapon or continuing to fire indefinitely after dying.
4. Fixed rare issue where players would be temporarily invisible.
5. Enhanced control over skill-based matchmaking and tweaked logic to prevent a wide range of player “skills” causing no joinable matches to be found.
6. Fixed rare crash caused by grenade special FX.
7. Fixed the failure of a single client to join a game causing all other clients to be disconnected.
8. Improved team balancing logic and fixed some cases where it wouldn't be done at all.
9. Balanced Predator Smart Disc and Plasma Caster weapons.
10. Fixed clients not always being correctly notified that the game had ended.
11. Fixed the lobby timer not always displaying correctly on clients.
12. Fixed a Predator in multiplayer cancelling their lock-on causing lock-on to be cancelled for all Predators in the game.
13. Fixed stat corruption that would occur on clients if the host of a multiplayer game suddenly disconnected during level load.
14. Added some code to prevent corrupt stats from being uploaded.
15. Fixed user rank being incorrectly refreshed in the profile

360

1. Fixed XP being incorrectly affected by offline play (though only in the local stats; this will be corrected next time you connect to multiplayer).
2. Fixed other players sometimes appearing to have the wrong weapon or continuing to fire indefinitely after dying.
3. Fixed rare issue where players would be temporarily invisible.
4. Enhanced control over skill-based matchmaking and tweaked logic to prevent a wide range of player “skills” causing no joinable matches to be found.
5. Fixed rare crash caused by grenade special FX.
6. Fixed the failure of a single client to join a game causing all other clients to be disconnected.
7. Improved team balancing logic and fixed some cases where it wouldn't be done at all.
8. Balanced Predator Smart Disc and Plasma Caster weapons.
9. Fixed clients not always being correctly notified that the game had ended.
10. Fixed the lobby timer not always displaying correctly on clients.
11. Fixed a Predator in multiplayer cancelling their lock-on causing lock-on to be cancelled for all Predators in the game.
12. Further matchmaking improvements
13. Changes to the flamethrower in multiplayer only to make it properly hit other players.
14. Added an alternate southpaw control map.

This was announced a few days ago and those who have the Xbox360 version, the patch is already out. PS3 owners have to wait till the end of April or sooner.
 
Good that the patch is released but I purchased the game used at Gamestop the other day used and man was I dissapointed, the graphics were not very good and I felt like I was controlling the Iron Giant instead of a marine, predator was better but still felt clunky.

All my hopes are now with Colonial Marines, and Gearbox are pretty good Devs so my fingers are crossed.
 
Good that the patch is released but I purchased the game used at Gamestop the other day used and man was I dissapointed, the graphics were not very good and I felt like I was controlling the Iron Giant instead of a marine, predator was better but still felt clunky.

All my hopes are now with Colonial Marines, and Gearbox are pretty good Devs so my fingers are crossed.

A little birdy told me that James Cameron is helping put input on A: CM.:D
 
A little birdy told me that James Cameron is helping put input on A: CM.:D

That would be awesome, I just don't see how you can take a beloved property like that and not make just one of the best Fps ever honestly. Rebellion stated many times how they loved the Aliens franchise but I guess when it come to their actual development skills they just didn't have what it takes.

I mean the 2nd Alien movie "ALIENS" was pretty much one of the best movies ever made and you could use that movie and copy it to a T as a FPS and it would probably be one of the best out there, as long as the right dev got to develop it.

Hell you could do the same with the 1st ALIEN movie and make it into a survival horror game for that matter.
 
Back
Top