• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Avoiding MB electrical shortage :(

mjz_5

2[H]4U
Joined
May 24, 2001
Messages
3,637
Hi guys,

I just bought a new case and when I placed my motherboard into it, it shorts out when I press the power switch. I tried electrical tape on the motherboard plate punch-ups to try to avoid it, but to no avail..

Why I tried it outside the case, it works fine.
The thing is that this case doesn't have any studs. All it has is 9 punch-outs/bends in the MB plate on the case. The motherboard screws directly into it. I used all 9 punch-outs, since my abit-it7 has 9 holes. I placed the electrical tape on these 9 punch-out, but nothing :(

Thanks in advance
Please help!!!!!!

Thanks
 
Originally posted by mjz_5
Hi guys,

I just bought a new case and when I placed my motherboard into it, it shorts out when I press the power switch. I tried electrical tape on the motherboard plate punch-ups to try to avoid it, but to no avail..

Why I tried it outside the case, it works fine.
The thing is that this case doesn't have any studs. All it has is 9 punch-outs/bends in the MB plate on the case. The motherboard screws directly into it. I used all 9 punch-outs, since my abit-it7 has 9 holes. I placed the electrical tape on these 9 punch-out, but nothing :(

Thanks in advance
Please help!!!!!!

Thanks


What kind of case do you have?
 
Pick up some plastic washers.
Then use the washers to space the mobo slight off the tray.

Luck.......:D
 
Originally posted by Abbaddon
What kind of case do you have?

some 25 us$ case w/power supply.. From now on, i'm gonna spend the extra 20$ to spare insanity. :)

Thanks, I will try the plastic washers.
 
Something I have run into is a board shorting out on the backplane (where your KB/mouse/ports are). The mobo had the lacquer rubbed off and one of the layers was shorting out.
 
Back
Top