avoid DFI ?

ALL4AMD

I Go to Court for Fun.
I needed to RMA my motherboard (http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1396365) and it was returned because dfi is "closed" :mad:

dfifail.JPG

My question is DFI going out of buisness?

Hmm... I'm not 100% sure, but I thought the DFI RMA department in CA moved to San Jose. You should call their number and ask them what's going on.

Just read the number of postings on their boards about rejected RMA's and you probably wouldn't want to do business with them anyways. Even if the board is run in spec, had no physical damage, and failed due to a defect, they'll reject the RMA if it isn't something easily fixable. They consider a completely dead board as out of warranty.

One reason I'll never buy another product from them again, this probably just further cements the issues.

if that's true, it is a little bit shocking.

If it is true it shouldn't be shocking. While DFI has a certain reputation and some good models their presense in North America is actually quite minimal. It always has been. DFI sales in this country are minimal at best. Remember enthusiasts only make up a small fraction of computer part sales. In other words DFI doesn't sell squat over here and DFI pulling out of North America wouldn't make much of a difference. If anything, it could help DFI's overall bottom line depending on what their operational costs vs. revenue is in North America.

Bummer you got a bad MB and the nasty return letter.

I hope they are not out of business. My DFI P45 JR is holding up fine so far.

Hmm... I'm not 100% sure, but I thought the DFI RMA department in CA moved to San Jose. You should call their number and ask them what's going on.

thats the address they provided me

their boards are average at best and the only thing is good was their 939 boards the rest is pretty average. I'd drop my money elsewhere.

Well I've always found that DFI's boards are more trouble than they are generally worth. I haven't had the best luck with them. However, I admit that I haven't used too many of them since my horrid experiences with them back in the late 90's. Since then I've had some better luck with them, but still, they haven't been anything special for me.

Given generally shitty support in North America, combined with fairly high prices and products that are usually late to market, I'd avoid them.

Aren't they the only ones with a microATX i7 motherboard on the market right now?

I've heard bad reports about their mobos and product support, so I've always steered clear of them. One of my brothers also had issues with one of their boards back when skt A was all the rage.

Who names a company "Diamond Flower" anyway?

Back