AVI to DVD

Lateralus

More [H]uman than Human
Hey guys, I need some software recommendations...my brother in law called yesterday and said he would like to be able to burn AVI files to a DVD and have them play when the disc is inserted into a DVD player. What are you guys using to do this? He's looking for the best free software that will accomplish this, but may consider an inexpensive app as well.

If he has Vista Home Premium or Windows 7 Home Premium, it has built in DVD authoring.

If he has Vista Home Premium or Windows 7 Home Premium, it has built in DVD authoring.

I'm honestly not sure which OS he's using. I assumed XP, but he might have Vista by now. I'll check and report back, thanks. :)

Thanks, guys. He has Vista64 and said he had been checking out Afterdawn when I mentioned that site...

I told him that the OS should be able to accomplish what he wants, and if that didn't work he could look at DVD Santa. He didn't have much luck with AVI2DVD or Mediacoder.

I received an email from him today and he said he tried using the features built in to Vista 64 and that it worked like a charm. Thanks for pointing that out, Chris! I never messed with it myself, and wasn't even aware that that was there. He's also going to check out DVD Santa and see what it has to offer.

Back