AVG detected a Virus, first one 10 years

USMC_Grunt

Gawd
Wow, this is crazy to me. AVG's resident shield just told me to run AVG because I have a virus. Therefore, I did, and it found "lovan.A" or something of the sort. That is crazy to me lol. I have NEVER had a virus before in the 10 years I have been using a modern computer. This is exciting. :D Anyone have this same situation before?

Originally posted by USMC_Grunt
This is exciting. :D

LMFAO , its only going to get worse.. enjoy it now because thats the last time you will find a virus so exciting ;)

Tell me, how long have you actually been running antivirus software? full 10 years?

It's funny because you just posted in another thread saying you never had one. I'll try it. I honestly never had a virus on my home computer(s) in 8 years, so we'll see how that streak goes.

I could install an OS and patches and in less than a minute
cruise a few sites I know and have 5 :p

its definately proportional to the risks you take ;)

Originally posted by djnes
It's funny because you just posted in another thread saying you never had one.

Yeah, I just got this one early in the AM today. Its weird. Someone [H]ard must be reading my threads and is trying to screw me now. :D

Ok, svchost just shut down again.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................fuck.

o_O

AVG picked up one in what was supposed to be legit freeware yesterday... I suspect the server was compromised.

That was my first ever virus I'd seen it the wild. It was quite exciting too. Didn't come close to being infected though :)

Good luck.

Yeah I have a problem again. I wish I had broadband :( Would reinstalling windows over itself work at all? Or would I need to reformat again?

Back