AVG AntiVirus or AntiVir Personal?

MaXimus

[H]ard|Gawd
I personally use NOD32, but I was wondering, which is teh better anti-virus solution out of the two mentioned above?

Imho I use either Norton(updated) or TrendMicro's online Housecall for the tougher/stranger bugs.

Is there anyway, a moderator can make this a sticky? HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO HAVE THIS THREAD POSTED?

I haven't had much experience with AntiVir personal, but I have with AVG and NOD32. I know that for me NOD32 > AVG. Almost everything in AVG is better in NOD32, and I'm not exaggerating.

I prefer Antivir because it seems more intuitive to me and it also seems to removed infections more successfully than AVG. I've seen AVG have alot of trouble trying to delete or quarantine infected files.

Of course, this is anecdotal.

I had a problem only once with Antivir when it sucked down a bad update and borked itself. I switched to NOD32 afterwards.

NOd32-FTW.png

FTW

J32P2006

greyghost said:
Is there anyway, a moderator can make this a sticky? HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO HAVE THIS THREAD POSTED?

Your kinda funny since you think that new people wouldn't come here and skip right by the stickies and ask the question anyway.
Who cares, questions have to be asked. Sometimes the same ones over and over.

guys i'm not asking if NOD32 is better than AVG. I know that definately!!! NOD32 is teh b3st.

Im comparing AVG vs. AntiVir for installing it on machines that I repair for some friends as a free AntiVirus solution.

I know that NOD32 is teh b3st. some of u got my question wrong I think.

The AntiVir has better detection though. If that's what you're curious about.

-J.

GeForceX said:
The AntiVir has better detection though. If that's what you're curious about.

-J.
Yes thank you. So I guess I will be installing AntiVir for my friends who don't have an AntiVirus solution.

Hawk001 said:
Everything that I have seen, I quarintined successfuly with AVG.
why the hell do people quarantine stuff? Just delete it.

I just fixed a customers computer today that had over 7GB thats right.. GIGS of quarantined virus in the nortin folder.

People quarantine stuff because the people who write the software make it the default action. They don't seem to want to acknowledge the fact that 99.9% of virus-infected files are nothing but the virus, not something that the virus has somehow corrupted.

Back