• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AVG and Vista

Gatticus

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 5, 2006
Messages
1,487
I installed AVG in Vista and now everytime I boot up it says it can't start because of some kernel access error. I guess this is Vista's protected mode at work so what do I have to do to fix it?
 
I read somewhere yesterday that this was a known problem and it would be fixed in an update soon. I will try to find the source I read that and post it.
 
I heard it's something to do with AVG, not vista...and I heard AVG is working on a solution :)
 
For this reason I got rid of AVG. In the meantime if you want a free anti-virus that works with Vista go with Avast.
 
I'm using AVG Free with Vista Business 32-bit (full) and have not had any issues (okay, sometimes after boot it starts TWO scans...that's my only issue)
 
OK, thanks for the info guys. I'll use Avast and have already uninstalled AVG.
 
Back
Top