Avast + Folding@home no network

Tazman2

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Nov 17, 2000
Messages
5,030
It seems ever since I installed Avast home I can't get any work. Tried disabling it for 10 minutes, etc. and nothing. Ideas!? Thanks for any help! ;)
 
Can you post your log file? Also, are you using the -advmethods flag? I suspect there just might not be work available for you at the moment, but if you aren't using -advmethods, enabling it will allow your client to grab a larger variety of units and you'll have a better chance of getting one.
 
I'll have to say no as with that turned on the newer more complex units lagged my box unlike the regular units under smp even though those use 100% of the cycles too. My GPU client also has the same problem so I don't think its work related. Its been about a week since I've seen work on it which is basically right around the time I switched to avast! :confused:
 
I don't have this issue myself and all of my systems are running avast! Home. (3 running Win7x64, 1 running XP64)
Are you sure that somehow the firewall exceptions are not there in Windows anymore? That could be one area to check.
 
I don't have this issue myself and all of my systems are running avast! Home. (3 running Win7x64, 1 running XP64)
Are you sure that somehow the firewall exceptions are not there in Windows anymore? That could be one area to check.

Hmm good idea didn't bother checking that for some odd reason! :)

EDIT: Since it was done automatically originally, what gets changed? Ports opened or just a program exception?
 
I think it would be program exception. When F@H starts up for the first time, you see two warnings to continued blocking or allow.
 
Just a suggestion.......... reinstall your clients. I have Avast running on 3 machines that are folding CPU and GPU on 1 of them just the GPU. I haven't had any problems, but all were installed after Avast was.

Fish
 
Just a suggestion.......... reinstall your clients. I have Avast running on 3 machines that are folding CPU and GPU on 1 of them just the GPU. I haven't had any problems, but all were installed after Avast was.

Fish

+1 on this. I use Avast on several of my machines without any issues.
 
Back
Top