AVA or VM?

hey man you need to give us some more info. We need to know wha is your buget, your computing needs, and what builds your looking at. Just give us that stuff and anything else that is revelant. Also have you talked to either company about what you want?

Phattio

Weaksauce
I'm a gamer. I have other PCs for business. Budget? Hmm... I was thinking ~$2,000.00. I was going to buy a VM at my local BB. However, VM from BB is not available in Ohio. I didn't necessarily want to order online but I am now strongly considering it, in order to get better components.

kilgore777

Gawd
Just to complicate matters.... you might want to look at Maingear, too. Check out the Prelude.
Not sure, but is Ava in Ohio? Would mean state tax for you?

mket

Limp Gawd
Both are top-notch. Use the online configurators to get a rough idea of what you want then call each to fine tune your ideas. I have found that many things are possible that simply arnt in the web configurators. Components, OC, special touches, etc. Then compare and choose.

As has been said, do consider some of the other shops; OPC (overdrive PC), maingear, VM, AVA, ABS, puget to name a few.

FadedSpark

Supreme [H]ardness
velocity micro gamers edge 1500 w/ 8800GTS 640, e6600, 2gb of ram

or e6400 if you cant afford 80 bucks :p

stevo.k

Limp Gawd
FWIW, AVA is in Twinsburg Ohio. I can highly recommend them as a high quality integrator and you'll definitely save on shipping. Call Misha, he may even let you pick it up at the shop.

kilgore777

Gawd
FWIW, AVA is in Twinsburg Ohio. I can highly recommend them as a high quality integrator and you'll definitely save on shipping. Call Misha, he may even let you pick it up at the shop.

Yeah, good point about the shipping. I am in Pittsburgh, PA and my shipping from AVA is only about $35 ground and $66 for 2 day, so yours should be next to nothing (or actually nothing, if you pick it up). That would definitely offset any taxes you would pay...