AV for Windows Server 2012?

cyclone3d

[H]F Junkie
I just installed Server 2012 Standard on my machine and of course forgot that MSE doesn't work on Server.

Anybody know of a good, hopefully free, AV that works on Server 2012?

Most of the free av doesn't run on server. As far as paid av for the most part you generally need to use the business version of the software which also generally starts in 5 packs.

To my knowledge ms fixed it so you can't run mse on 2012 as it would install on 08.

I don't put AV on my servers, but the latest Symantec, Vipre, Trend or McAfee should work. Don't know of any free server AV, sorry.

Not free, but I got a 10 license 4 year Vipre subscription for something like $39 last year.

So far it has installed on Windows Server 2012 Essentials fine, and it also installed on WHS 2011 fine.

I think I also installed it on Server 2012 Standard, but I can't be sure since I took that server down.

Mcafee Viruscan Enterprise is still around. Been using that for years, still a good product. Not the best, but def not the worst. Version 8.8 patch 2 does work on windows 8 and server 2012. Patch 3 will bring full compatibility for the new version of windows. Should be out around mid December.

I used to use ClamWin on 2008 R2 - not sure if it runs on 2012 as I haven't tried it yet. Not the greatest, but free is free.

Back