Auzentech xi-fi Prelude cpu hardware interuption

tyguy

Gawd
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
544
I just got my prelude and so far I have been blown away with the sound quality. However there is one minor problem that is bugging me. My game performance is slightly down from my audigy 2zs... I noticed there was some extra cpu utilization while my computer was idle but task manager didn't point to anything that was causing the issue.

So i downloaded this program called process explorer and there it showed a hardware interruption that was causing roughly 3-4% cpu utilization. I disabled my prelude in the device manager and the hardware interruption cpu utilization went down to 0%

I was just wondering if some other prelude users would download process explorer and see if they are having the same issues as me. I was hoping with the upgrade going into game mode would net me a performance gain not a loss!

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
 
3-4% cpu usage is normal for a soundcard to use (even under hw acceleration). What kind of performance loss are you experiencing?
 
3-4% cpu usage is normal for a soundcard to use (even under hw acceleration). What kind of performance loss are you experiencing?
Nothing major, its about a 4 frames per second difference at most (in my team fortress 2 benchmark). However, I figured if anything my performance would increase going from an audigy 2 zs to the prelude.
 
Interestingly enough, I switched the cards pci slots because i saw it was sharing the same irq with a couple other devices on my motherboard. Now its on its own irq slot not sharing with any other devices are the cpu usage is less. Process explorer still reports hardware interrupt taking up cpu cycles but they are quite a bit less actually:D
 
Back
Top