Auzentech X-Meridian for Vista

DragoonTD

Limp Gawd
Guys,
How is the performance of the meridian in Vista? They have newer driver, but is it any good? I dont know much about computer audio, but a fellow co-worker recommended me to look at the auzentech. He seems to be an audiophile and is so disgusted with Vista...lol. Right now I use my main system downstair to watch movies alot. How about it's performance in XP? Owners of the card please chime in. Thanks.

p.s. No need to turn this thread into a I hate Vista thread. :D

For sound quality the driver is great. It could use the addition of a few more settings. Great soundcard BTW.

Yea, it be nice if it gives you the option to do 32bit/192khz on the fly instead of having to use a plugin like audioburst to do it. Be nice if that was a option for games too :) . I can actually tell the diffents between 24bit/192khz and 32bit/192khz.

So using the meridian is perfectly ok with Vista? No problems whatsoever? The reason why I ask is because my co-worker told me it had issue with Vista. My main concern is, is it a fully-functional sound card (all the nice features vs being buggy) with the current driver for Vista?

Back