Alright, I don't know if this has been posted.. and search didn't find anything, so I thought I would throw this up for anyone that was in the same spot I was.
Ok, so I have the auzentech x-plosion and was rather dismayed when they said they will not have a Vista driver until the first week of feb. That's like, what, a week and a half a way? I just got my copy of Vista and crap on you if you're going to make me wait an entire week and a half to get some tunes going!
Anyway, Murf over at cybertechhelp reported that he forced his xp c-media based sound card driver in the device manager with good results, so I went and tried it as well. I had it search for a driver in the auzentech folder of the latest XP driver, and it found and installed a driver.
Sound is working great, and unlike the beta driver for vista the console actually works and all the settings can be tweaked.
Hope this might help someone! And I cannot say as to how well this will work on ALL auzentech cards, but I'm guessing any c-media based cards should work OK.
Ok, so I have the auzentech x-plosion and was rather dismayed when they said they will not have a Vista driver until the first week of feb. That's like, what, a week and a half a way? I just got my copy of Vista and crap on you if you're going to make me wait an entire week and a half to get some tunes going!
Anyway, Murf over at cybertechhelp reported that he forced his xp c-media based sound card driver in the device manager with good results, so I went and tried it as well. I had it search for a driver in the auzentech folder of the latest XP driver, and it found and installed a driver.
Sound is working great, and unlike the beta driver for vista the console actually works and all the settings can be tweaked.
Hope this might help someone! And I cannot say as to how well this will work on ALL auzentech cards, but I'm guessing any c-media based cards should work OK.