• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Auzentech Prelude vs. Forte

gman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 24, 2001
Messages
1,887
Any reason to go with the Forte over the Prelude? I have a Prelude now, but if the Forte has something more going for it I might consider it.
 
I jumped from a Prelude to the Forte and can't tell any difference in audio. I did it because my Prelude died after the warranty expired and wanted to try the newer and cheaper PCI-e Forte. If your card still is performing well, there's no compelling benefit to be gained by switching to the Forte. Now, if you're a headphone aficionado, the Forte is well worth the upgrade due to its dedicated headphone amp.
 
the Prelude will put a considerable amount of juice out on its line output, so depending on which headphones you've got (if you're even using it for that), it will still be more than fine

if you're just using it as a source, and there is nothing wrong with the card, there is no reason to switch to a Forte, at least not in terms of gaining better quality or more processing power, now, if you want the smaller card or different interface, thats another thing altogether (but there should be essentially zero difference between the two, especially if you're using S/PDIF out)
 
PCI-E, headphone amp, low profile - if you need any of those, then sure. Otherwise it's a $100 upgrade to not a whole lot different.
 
Well, I just bought a forte and the headphone amp section is introducing a lot of noise to the sound. I get buzzing and weird noise that have to do with mouse.
 
My Prelude works just fine. I have the G35 which has it's own audio processor and I have Logitech Z-545 plus M-Audio monitors. No reason to change at this point. I guess when Creative updates or completely changes the Xfi then I guess I could go that route.
 
Go with pci-e over pci

why, it doesn't offer any benefits (by itself), and basically never will (at least in this context)


My Prelude works just fine. I have the G35 which has it's own audio processor and I have Logitech Z-545 plus M-Audio monitors. No reason to change at this point. I guess when Creative updates or completely changes the Xfi then I guess I could go that route.

:)
 
Back
Top