Auzentech Prelude...POS?

gs274

[H]ard|Gawd
Got the x-fi prelude, on a clean install of vista, drivers, patch and new alchemy installed = random pops and no working mic.

Suggestions?

Got the x-fi prelude, on a clean install of vista, drivers, patch and new alchemy installed = random pops and no working mic.

Suggestions?

The mic doesn't work, this is currently an issue. The pop's shouldn't be happening though.

wtf...the mic doesn't work? that's it, i'm trading it in for an x-fi elite pro.

unfortunately, I need to have all the inputs working...and working now. I've already set up an rma for it and am going to put my x-fi fatality plat back in.

THey should have it working soon. never known might have it fix in the driver that suppose to be out some time this month. Dont give up hope that fast.

Also did you install the newest driver off the page for it. Because the driver on the page is the fix for the 4GB of ram problems.

I'm having issues with mine in CoD4 multiplayer. At first it works fine but when a map ends the sound is all distorted and remains that way until I leave a game and re-enter. Anyone else having that issue?

btw what motherboard you have. it wouldnt happen to be a nvidia chipset or a SLi motherboard by any chance.

If you haven you can try another slot.To many sure it not sharing any irq with any other devices.

drivers = creative which = forget about it if there is an issue and creative is responsible for fixing it then it will be an issue long after we are dead.

drivers = creative which = forget about it if there is an issue and creative is responsible for fixing it then it will be an issue long after we are dead.

Sad but true. Prelude = X-Fi = POS Creative drivers. Or perhaps I should give them some credit: only half-assed at this time.

mobo is in my signature. I think the biggest thing that ticks me off is, they've had how many months since this thing was release with how many driver revisions and the friggin mic doesn't work? My primary employment is graphic design and imo releasing a "audiophile" soundcard with something as simple as the mic input not working is the equivelant of my company putting up a sign and leaving all the A's out. Maybe that's a bit harsh but they cost me $20 in shipping then return shipping not to mention the time spent fighting with it. On the other side...imho, what I COULD tell from the sound was this...it doesn't seem to be any improvement over the creative x-fi card.

I was having some video problems in CoD4 ( certain textures were rendered as black, other assorted things) so today I uninstalled the 163.75's I had been using and installed the latest beta driver from nV's site and not only are the video abnormalities fixed but so is the distorted sound issue I had been having. Go figure.

mobo is in my signature. I think the biggest thing that ticks me off is, they've had how many months since this thing was release with how many driver revisions and the friggin mic doesn't work? My primary employment is graphic design and imo releasing a "audiophile" soundcard with something as simple as the mic input not working is the equivelant of my company putting up a sign and leaving all the A's out. Maybe that's a bit harsh but they cost me $20 in shipping then return shipping not to mention the time spent fighting with it. On the other side...imho, what I COULD tell from the sound was this...it doesn't seem to be any improvement over the creative x-fi card.

I'm just curious as why you can't use the mic input on your onboard audio for the time being?

Yes driver bugs are frustrating when they prevent users from using all the features of a product they just bought. It sucks when people can't use SLI with their new O/S, it sucks when a TV tuner card randomly crashes with Media Center, and it sucks when the mic input on a sound card doesn't function correctly. Two of the past three driver bugs were fixed and now no one hardly remembers them. When Creative fixes this bug (which may happen in the DDL driver that's coming out within two weeks), you won't remember this either. In addition you are fortunate to have a perfectly working alternative for the time being (that doesn't let Creative off the hook, but at least you can still use a mic).

I'm just curious as why you can't use the mic input on your onboard audio for the time being?

this m/b doesn't really have anything for sound built on...it comes with a riser soundcard. i'm not all that interested in installing multiple soundcards to get the features that should only require one.

driver bugs are one thing...but, the failure to have one of the imo essential functions working is another.

it comes with a riser soundcard. i'm not all that interested in installing multiple soundcards to get the features that should only require one

Well technically Vista has built-in drivers for HDA (High-Definition Audio) cards, but I guess a valid point if you don't want to waste a PCI-E slot. I do find it odd they didn't put an integrated solution on your motherboard.

driver bugs are one thing...but, the failure to have one of the imo essential functions working is another.

I think SLI failing to work for months is probably a more essential feature than a mic input not working on a sound card (think of the GX2 users!). That doesn't mean it's "ok" for a sound card to not have a functioning mic input, but bugs like this do happen. I've heard some X-Fi users (not the prelude) who've had mic issues similar to us that had their problem fixed in the latest X-Fi drivers (the one from ten days ago), which gives me hope that our problem will be fixed in the next Prelude drivers (within two weeks). We'll see.

Back