• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Auzentech Forte Distortion Issue

oMek

Gawd
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
656
I have owned my Forte for about a year and it has ALWAYS suffered from this issue. I was going to return it after buying but I had hopes a software update would fix the issue... That never happened.

As all of you know... After awhile the sound will start to distort, voices will go robot sounding and the only way to fix this is switch sound modes or restart your system.

Auzentech, INC. has avoided this issue for over a year. Software/Driver updates have not fixed it and they will not even reply to posts about this problem.

I feel that I was knowingly sold defective hardware, and that my friends is a scam.

This issue effects all forms of systems (xp/vista/seven/x86/x64) alike.

(I am posting this on all PC related forums in hopes of getting a responce. They have ignored my tickets and RMA requests. This problem effects most if not all Forte owners.)
 
I can confirm this.

I have an HomeTheater HD and have the exactly same issue. The "roboting" as i describe it come and go, it's much more noticiable in conversations by Skype and other Voip programs.

And it affect everything, from games to music.

I quickly fix by changing the sound mode, but it's annoying because this stop the program's audio and some games loses it's sound indefinetly, forcing me to restart.

When i have the chance, i will do something i read somewhere in the net. By isolating the card contact with the case it can probably solve the problem. IF it is a ground issue.

Its my best sound card to date, but this is annoying as hell.
 
This is what I do to stop this issue when it occurs with my Forte. If you have Windows Vista or 7 you should have the volume mixer in your sound properties. You will need to close all of the applications that appear in this menu. After you close all of them (except system sounds) your issue should hopefully resolves. This fixes it every time for me.
 
Last edited:
This is what I do to stop this issue when it occurs with my Forte. If you have Windows Vista or 7 you should have the volume mixer in your sound properties. You will need to close all of the applications that appear in this menu. After you close all of them (except system sounds) your issue should hopefully resolves. This fixes it every time for me.

Humm, never tought of that before.

I will do as you instructed and see the results !

I'll be back !
 
I had this problem with my Forte too.. Happened when Ventrilo was running usually. Sold the card. Got something new. No more problems. Its really a creative card. And suffers the same problems as other creative cards cause they share drivers plus chips. My advice get rid of it.
 
Ok !

I did almost like you instructed ! I muted all sound sources minus the windows one !

So far no more problems !
 
I've had the card for years, it's mostly a Vent thing, occasionally something else sparks it but rare, I now use TS3 which sounds better and is way more powerful anyways, so whatever. But the close all sound using apps -does- work -every time-
 
oMek, was your post deleted from the Auzentech forums? I have noticed that many of the threads and posts about Forte problems have been deleted from their forums. I am beginning to believe they are censoring their forums. Did they remove your thread?
 
Last edited:
I own the Forte as well, and I can not say that I am at all impressed with the support for the card. In fact, it is quite the opposite; it seems that Auzentech gave up on this card long ago.

That said, even with all of the issues (of which there are quite a few...), once you get around them, it is an excellent card for playback; one of my favorites, in fact.

The drivers are all Creative, and as such, the card suffers from Creative's bloat and driver issues. Also, the card has some serious grounding issues, to the point where it is beyond me how the retail PCB design ever got out of the internal QA phase.
 
Yes they have deleted quite a few threads I posted there. If I switch the mode from ent to game, then back.. its fixes but thats very annoying to do 2-3 times a day. The fix you posted is perm? or just till it pops up again?

Another forum I posted on said it could be the x-ram, and to find the reg tweak to disable it? might give that a try if I can find it.
 
Yes they have deleted quite a few threads I posted there. If I switch the mode from ent to game, then back.. its fixes but thats very annoying to do 2-3 times a day. The fix you posted is perm? or just till it pops up again?

Another forum I posted on said it could be the x-ram, and to find the reg tweak to disable it? might give that a try if I can find it.

My fix is temp, but you can do it as many times as you like without rebooting. This allows you to get around the mode switching bug that causes all audio to stop being input/output from the Forte.
 
I just press the "default" button in the auzentech volume panel when this happens. Works every time, but if you use Line In that will usually go bad. I play PS3 on my monitor and use the line in for sound so this affects me.

I hear nothing but good things about this card, it was good until i switched to vista/windows 7. EAX = nowhere anymore. Waste of money.

I get distortion all the time with this card, interference or whatever from video cards as it synch with the screen. When sound is playing you dont notice it, but when you scroll in a browser and you have a white background with no sound playing you can hear the shit move and its ridiculously annoying.

Eventually I may just go back to the audio on my motherboard, I have a p6t6 ws board from asus and the sound on that is decent as it is. No headphone amp though unfortunately.
 
My Forte died just recently, I'd had it for about a year.

I had the distortion problem on rare occasions but only if I left Windows Media Player open and paused for a long time, it never happened in games. Suddenly it started happening all the time and about a week later the card died.
 
I had my Forte for over 1 year and also had this issue. I usually could close out of all running programs to fix it. A month ago it started making a really loud electronic noise randomly and killed one of me M-Audio monitors. I have sent the card to Auzentech for replacement (it "only" took them 3 weeks to respond to my RMA request). I bought an Asus card so I will probably sell the Forte when (if) I get it back. Great card but too many issue and support is terrible.
 
to fix this issue just use plastic washers on the connector

fixes all distortion issues
 
to fix this issue just use plastic washers on the connector

fixes all distortion issues

Nope, that's a fix I posted a long time ago for the bracket buzzing/interference problem. Something else causes distortion in apps after a certain amount of time.

There's something wrong with these cards. I probably wont be buying any more Auzentech products.
 
I added this tweak to my Reg to disable X-Ram, It has been a week or so without issue. Prior to this tweak I would get the distortion once or twice a day.

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Creative Tech\Driver\PCI&VEN_1102&DEV_0005]

Create a new DWORD (32-Bit) Value named: DisableXRAM

Right click the DisableXRAM value and edit, Value data: 1
 
I manage to get rid of the issue by disabling the Windows Media player services in Windows AND selecting the maximum sound quality in the reproduction tab.
 
Back
Top