Auzentech Drivers with Creative X-Fi

rampantandroid

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
1,962
Sooo....I'm pissed off and annoyed at my X-Fi right now. Every time I put my PC into suspend mode and wake it up again, the drivers stop working (well, they work, but they have horrible distortion.) The fix is: close all apps that use sound, reset sound card to default settings...and viola!

With that in mind, can I install the Prelude drivers for my Creative X-Fi? I'd have to add the device ID I'm guessing (where do I get my X-Fi's device ID?) Will I see an improvement, and is it worth the effort?

Thanks.
 
Doubtful you could install the auzentech drivers on a creative X-Fi , while they share mostly the same chipset , there are some extra's the Auzentech card has over X-Fi and it might end up with weird bugs. Give it a shot and see.
 
Back
Top