auzen prelude question

Leright

2[H]4U
Joined
May 24, 2002
Messages
2,604
So this card seems to be the perfect sound card. IT has the best of both the x-fi and the xplosion. However, I was curious whether or not you could send a 5.1 channel EAX 5.1 signal over optical as a dolby digital or DTS signal. Is this possible? I know the 5 channels will be compressed into two channels when sent over optical if I were to do this.

I would like to be able to do away with the 5 separate analog cables and just do gaming, moves, music, etc all over optical.
 
in a future software update it should be able to pass DTS and Dolby 8channel over optical.

doesn't work out of box though :(
 
in a future software update it should be able to pass DTS and Dolby 8channel over optical.

doesn't work out of box though :(

Well, I'm not buying the card until it has the features I need. When will it have DTS Connect and DDLIve?
 
What is this "Xplosion" thing that everyone is talking about, and why are the mentioning it in the same sentence as the illustrious X-Fi?
 
the xplosion is old hat

the prelude is the newest card made by auzentech. it uses an X-fi chip made by creative so you get EAX and game support but has better sound quality and allows Dolby and DTS encoding (eventually)

its kinda the king of all soundcards... if it ever ships its a few months late. but apparently its coming within the week....ish
 
Well my speaker system is a S750 7.1 Creative works analog.

So when i do update my speakers to digital in a couple of years i can then get the extension card.

So for me getting this is worth it. Since i can use now and later expand to get digital connections when i get some speakers to go with it ;)
 
Back
Top