Autocad 2004 to 2000 converter

Deezus

Gawd
Hey,

I remember on the front page there was a link to a proggy that would make Autocad 2004 2d files compatable with 2000. Anyone remember the link?

Take a look online. There is probably a little freeware program that you can download to allow you to do this.

There is a freeware program, it was on the front page :)

And what Im getting at is I don't want to upgrade to 2005, but I want to be able to use the files that are sent to me from 05 to use in 2000.

Thanks for the help though :)

I feel ya.... I work for a Mechanical Contractor and until a few months back, we were still on R14!!! :eek:

AutoCAD is pricey..... looking to upgrade 5 stations to 2005 from 2002, and buy 3 new seats of 2005. We're looking at around $16,000. :rolleyes:

bah
R14 will do everything you need
give me a command line, a cup of coffee and some as-builts and I'm good to go. :p

I don't need to use AutoCAD anymore, but last time I used it was with AC2002. What's new in 2005?

odoe said:
What's new in 2005?

Hell if I know... I dont use the stuff, I just support it! ;)

(yes, i'm the everthing-guy for the office)

EDIT: When we went to 2004, we opted to go with the Network Liscenses. It cost a couple hundred extra per liscense, but now I have 5 shared licenses for 12 engineers. that was kinda nice. (until an engineer leaves CAD running, locks their computer, and goes to a jobsite for the day, but we have our ways of getting retribution from them) ;)

odoe said:
bah
R14 will do everything you need
give me a command line, a cup of coffee and some as-builts and I'm good to go. :p

I don't need to use AutoCAD anymore, but last time I used it was with AC2002. What's new in 2005?
from what i read very quickly:

Manage drawing sets more efficiently with tools for controlling, from one location, the content in related drawings.

Create drawings more quickly with productivity tools that build data tables using a single command, provide instant access to frequently used content, and generate compelling presentations.

Share data more simply with collaboration tools that enable you to share single drawings or sets of drawings via plots, eTransmit, or DWF™ files.

Back