auto login with XP?

clark45

Limp Gawd
hey all

im just curious if there is a way to auto login into Windows XP
such as i have a password on a computer, but i was wondering if there was a way to leave the password enabled yet still have it log right into windows without typing it in

the reason behind this is because i wish to connect to the computer remotely yet you need to have a password and i was hoping to get rid of the keyboard off it

thanks
clark

I don't understand your questions... if you want it to auto login, what's the point of the password?

the reason for the auto login in and the password is this

i wish to remote connect to the computer and for the windows remote connection you need to have a password on the client machine

yet i do not wish to have a keyboard on the client machine just the box booted up and i was hoping to not have to type the password in every time

clark

I am currently doing what you want to do. First, set the password you want in control panel. (or if you disabled the welcome screen, Ctrl + Alt + Del and click change PW). Then go to microsoft.com and download tweakui for windows XP. Find the autologin section in tweakui and enable it. there you go!

I have autologin and a password. If I don't set a password, for some reason, it doesn't always autologin

this the fix without any other software:

start- run
control userpasswords2
untick "user must enter..."

the rest is self explanatory.

another thing, if you want to be able to lock your workstation, you need to set a password.

Back