Auslogic Defrag issue on Vista

milkweg

[H]ard|Gawd
I only downloaded Auslogic Defrag because I saw it recommended in this forum but I have a major issue with it on Vista. It defregged C: drive just fine but when I had it try to defrag my E: drive it gets stuck at processxp.exe. That's the process explorer that I downloaded from Microsoft. I started the Auslogic defreg on E: last night and went to bed. When I got up it was stuck on processxp.exe which was only about 30% of the HDD. Anyone else get this issue and know a fix besides uninstalling process explorer? Can't be a very a good prog if it has an issue like that.

Make sure you use the very latest version, 1.4.11.275, other than that, report the bug the Auslogics support team

But SuperFetch in Vista also tries to rearrange items on your hard disk so that frequently used items are physically located on the parts of the platter with fastest access times.

I can't imagine a 3rd party defragmentation tool improving performance if it's competing with Windows' built-in performance tools...

The reason I wanted to use it is because I turned off Vista defrag scheduler and prefer to defrag the HDD's manually. Problem with Vista defrag is that when you tell it to defrag it defrags both of my 2 HDD's instead of allowing you to choose one or the other. With Auslogic I can choose which HDD to defrag. Anyway. I realized what the source of the issue is. It had nothing to do with process explorer. It was because I had a 13.5GB image file created by Acronis True Image on that HDD. Moved the file off the HDD and it defragged it fine, and very fast too.

OK, didn't know about the command line defrag. Thanks. Why didn't they include that option via the GUI defrag?

Back